How much poker do you play a day?

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a typical day i average around 5-10 games, mainly freerolls on pokerstars, some SnGs... I sneak in a few from 888 once in awhile but only when im near my computer... Otherwise my pokerstars ipad App is the way i play :)

How many games do you play on average a day?

This can be tables sat at or tournies joined... But i guess it may have been more apprpriate to ask how many hours are spent playing.... But anyone like me playing 8 hours day doesnt want to admit how much time we spend doing something for such "minimal gain" .... But i believe its for the fun, and the knowledge learned... Just like life :)

If i started counting hours id wake up and go to work lol.. So, how many tables/tourneys do you play a day? :)

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to play only SnG and sometimes cash games. I play at least 2 SnG every time I play (4/5 days per week). If i cash at one of them i play one more, if i don´t cash after the second SnG I simply log off and play the next day and try again. That´s what i do.

etherghost

etherghost

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live it! But my goal at the moment is to gain as much experience as possible to be able to take on high stakes poker starting next year.

G

GF Matador

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well I have tried 3-4 by day, but tilt ever do me lose in bubbles.
I dont know but if you play everyday, you be locked to win, you see going well, but a donk win you with trash. so, dont play everyday or will be in an eternal tilt.

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I average approximately 3 hours a day, depending n how I'm feeling and if I'm playing MTTs or not (that can really lengthen a session.)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe 1-2 hours a day, would prefer it to be 3-4

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-5 hours PLO, and 3-4 hours for reading forum and diferent articles.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 hours a day minimum. Over 3k hands a day usually.

A

adam76

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 hours a day minimum.freeroll and cach game

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive seen hp to 8 hours here a day.... At what point do you consider yourself a professional?.. Amateur? :p

Would you say its time invested or money earned/invested that makes you "professional?"

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about 4 ours a day if i dont have a job to do :D

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about 4 ours a day if i dont have a job to do :D

Isnt poker a "job to do" too? :p

What if you do have a job to do, how many hours can you squeeze in still?

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my best time i played 4 or 6 hs in a day , actually i played about 3 or 4 cash tables.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a poker junkie. I play at least 8 hours a day everyday. Sometimes I think I need help but if its considered a hobby and I'm making money while having fun, I don't see any harm in playing all day.(try to take small breaks for exercise)

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No fixed schedule.
but I think If i play CC league, I guarantee myself playing at least 2hours per week.

LOL

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play cash no limit texas holdem full ring at .05/.10 four tables at Bovada at least one hour per evening. I play forum free rolls on Black Chip, Bovada and Carbon Poker when able.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually im playing ~4hrs a day and playing around 10-15 tourneys a day....I also like to watch online poker as well when I can on the weekends...

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much less than in the past. Three or four times a week for 2-3 hours.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on my ipad 24/7 . I'm an addict but I used to waste a lot more in the past aleast now it's fun and can make some extra $$

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 hours a day spent on poker. Playing reading or at poker class.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
atm I play almost 8/9 hours per session (when i m playing so kind of three times a week). If i am playing over the 7° hour that's mean I am running good coz i am still in a tournament.
Obv sometime my session finish after few hours only.

In the past I was pplaying much more regularly, that's mean that I was playing almost all the hours I was awake except for 3 h about lunch time and 3 h about dinner time. I used to be off one or two days per week.

If u grind for a living but even if you dont and grind to earn extra money (and blabla) giving to the game a kind of prefessional approach you end up playing all the time you have (for RB, to cap leaderboards, ect) plus spend the rest fixing your game so reading forums, books, watching videos.

A famous grinder (dont remember the name now) once said: if online poker isnt an obsession for you, means you are not going to crash the game (quite common even for those who dont crash it coz this game may become a disease called gambling addiction)

Last edited:
B

bigtime671

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MIA

Its been awhile since i have played, hope i havent lost my touch