How Many Poker Variants can you play competently

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As most sites are mainly geared around Texas no limit hold'em it got me wondering how many variants others know how to play. Are you hold'em only or are you well rounded?

I can play Hold'em, Omaha both hi and hi/lo, Razz, Seven card stud + hi/lo and I'm currently teaching myself badugi.

How about you?

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently started to study poker and therefore I play only hold'em. In the future, I plan to explore other varieties of the game.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As most sites are mainly geared around Texas no limit hold'em it got me wondering how many variants others know how to play. Are you hold'em only or are you well rounded?

I can play Hold'em, Omaha both hi and hi/lo, Razz, Seven card stud + hi/lo and I'm currently teaching myself badugi.

How about you?

OMG WellDone I've not Played Badugi or Seven Card Stud i dont think... I can Play or know the rules to play Omaha (& Hi/Low) done Razz Once , Holdem i like and stud im not sure about,,

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play NL and Limit Holdem, PLO and PLO Hi/Lo, Seven Card Stud and Razz, but I only study NL Holdem. I do enjoy PLO and Seven Card a lot though, just wouldn't risk any of my own money to play them

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

OMG WellDone I've not Played Badugi or Seven Card Stud i dont think... I can Play or know the rules to play Omaha (& Hi/Low) done Razz Once , Holdem i like and stud im not sure about,,
I put a lot of it down to being into poker before the online craze started lol

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

How about you?

Texas Hold'em, Omaha Hi, Omaha Hi/Lo, Razz, Seven Card Stud, Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo, 5 Card Draw, 2-7 Triple Draw & Badugi.

My introduction to poker was 5 Card Draw, which I started playing seriously in the early 1970's. It's now my least favorite variant.

I now mostly play Texas Hold'em, but it's not my favorite. My favorites are Razz and Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo. I also enjoy Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo and the mixed games like HORSE and 8-Game.

Once or twice a year, Cardschat organises a monthly series that includes most of the above. It is usually announced in the Cardschat Special Events & real money Tournaments section 's and run from the pokerstars Home Games. It’s a lot of fun.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

How about you?

NL Holdem, Short Desk Holdem (aka 6+ Holdem), Omaha Hi and Hi/Lo, Ananas (Chinese Poker). I prefer these types of poker and play them freely. Razz and Stud - not very good.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tryed ohama, 6+... but it let me so confused. Now i m just in hold´em. Dont like zoom torunaments too.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only holdem. Long time ago i have played 5 card draw and still can do it but holdem is what i like most.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker hold'em and Omaha in other varieties do not know how yet

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can play all kinds of poker that you have listed, including badugi. But I prefer to play Texas Hold'em, I like it the most !!!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Always used to love playing HORSE and 8 game, haven't played either for a while, not sure if many sites offer them these days as a regualr game, we have a yearly decathlon event at CC which covers different types of poker, may be time to start practising again ;)

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Competently? Omaha and Hold'em. I prefer PLO to PLO8, and the no-limit version of Hold'em. PLO8 gets frustrating because a ton of pots end up getting 50/50, but sometimes it can be a saving grace as well. I know a few people who only play PLO8 because they can take half the pot (which is only profitable in multi-way pots) and will sit out rounds of regular PLO.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I play all variants of poker, but my top of the list is hold'em and second is Omaha hi
Than comes omaha hi/lo followed by the others.
Playing Badugi is very intresting too but its not a very common variant.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
About NLHE I feel most confident, but I also can play some PLO or PLO8. But for them I really need much concentration, what I rarely have as I am mostly multi-tabling at NLHE.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Competently-over 50% -Omaha and hi-lo,razz,horse.My favorite is razz,

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play no limit hold'em! all other types of poker are not very interesting to me

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
types of poker

I play only Texas poker, I know technically how to play only Omaha and a few more types of poker. But, unfortunately, I don’t play them almost anywhere. I want to try with friends to add a couple more types of poker to our home game - for a change and, to learn playing them for money. but so far, unfortunately, these are only desires and aspirations. And each time, we return again and again to our everyday and, already so familiar, familiar and beloved, Texas poker.:joyman::joyman::joyman:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I need to choose one kind of poker. And improve the game in it. And do not spray on other types of poker.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only half a year and have not tried to play other types of poker yet. Although I do not deny that after studying another poker, I might like it.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL Holdem, Short Desk Holdem (aka 6+ Holdem), Omaha Hi and Hi/Lo, Ananas (Chinese Poker). I prefer these types of poker and play them freely. Razz and Stud - not very good.
I also really like Chinese Poker, I play Open Faced Chinese poker online.
Have you ever played it irl. It seems a bit difficult to me to play it irl, you need 3 decks of cards and have to count alot.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play holdem omaha and draw.:):):)

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back on FTP i liked HORSE and would play the tourneys when they were available, I felt like i was pretty good at razz/omaha and omaha hi/lo. When i played the horse tourneys all my chips would come from razz and omaha/omaha hi/lo. The holdem section felt like it ended to fast and i would avoid the stud section unless i started rolled up,paired or 3 to flush.. I think the stud was to draw heavy and didn't suit my approach to cards. I would like to play HORSE again but i just don't see any tournaments on ACR.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
NL holdem for me , even at this format I have so much to learn , but I prefer it unquestionably . Other poker variant is Omaha hi/lo , rarely playing on the micros for fun . I once had a good opportunity to win a ps freeroll reaching at the final table 6max but didn't play well there , I won a micro with very small field on ACR , but I was extremelly lucky hitting my two/four outs on the turn/river after shoving c*** according to the flop hands :) So yes , basically for fun Omaha hi/lo , NL holdem I really like :)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do well in holdem.
But the more poker variants you know the more you increase your playing skill. They are different but not totally. It's some about feeding our subconscious poker mind.

Also, if you dominate omaha, for example, you can get in good prize pool tournaments with less players on the list.

Best of Luck.