In my country not all books are translated <sad face>

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that many do not like to read.
But I think I read some books would help us a lot.
In my case I'm currently reading "Mindset Poker Player". I think an interesting book that applies more to piscología player and not others take into account some of their advice.
I think the practice makes player, but read these books lead us to a better place in the tables.

Dim4ik555

Dim4ik555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not read a poker book , but watch the video

tbnldashik

tbnldashik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jonathan little - his books read now

edgarpm

edgarpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Essays for Mason Malmuth (1996)

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read two books and I think that was the best rounders

E

euro fish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read any books I think watching Twitch streams is very helpful at least for me it is . I also think that poker always progresses so watching training videos or twitch is the best way to learn poker

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like very much the book of Roy Rounder, it contains very useful information about poker math

M

Mihas1986

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i red 5 gold books of poker, 2 books i bought

L

Lance Webster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zero. Books are OK but nothing makes you a good player like experience at the tables. The bad beats the ups and downs of your game. The million hands you see after all the years. To know the odds are OK but to know the cards in your hand and the players in front of you is better

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not read a single poker book, but because we have an innate natural talent and passion for poker:)

ayo

ayo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a book some years ago, but to be honest, it was very complicated. In my opinnion playing and playing and playing poker online is the best way to get knowledge.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
zero. Books are OK but nothing makes you a good player like experience at the tables. The bad beats the ups and downs of your game. The million hands you see after all the years. To know the odds are OK but to know the cards in your hand and the players in front of you is better

.. because that's what books do?

You clearly have no idea what is even in the books. Seriously. I think you'd be very pleasantly surprised to discover the type of stuff you might find in them.
gl gl

koadyawn

koadyawn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what your objective is. If you are trying to learn how the basics like pot odds and position I would read books/forums. If you are trying to learn strategy I found it much easier to watch poker videos online. This way because I can easily follow a long and listen to their thought process.

jogger3

jogger3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the book is good, but they don't teach us to do good. the book basically tells the story of a particular person.how he started. his style of play. you need to play according to the situation in each hand differently.

S

seaweedy1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say i think poker is best learned by playing ALOT. I always play better in the morning when I am rested.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally read one book at a time!

Seriously though, reading is a really good way of improving your knowledge and your understanding of the game, but everyone does have their own learning style, so really it is a case of 'to each their own'.

Finding the best way of learning for you is the most important thing, but I do love book reading. In total I have probably read about ten poker books all of which provide a little tool to add to my poker tool box.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use you tube more than books lately

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only my experience! No books, no streams, no videos!

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the Negreanu's book and strategy but it's something that I could never really do, I can't play loose on pokerstars for example, there's always a guy with KK or AK to kill my vibe.. lol

But there´s one really good called "Read 'em and Reap" by Phil Hellmuth in association with a former FBI agent specialized in body language in stuff like that. it's really very detailed and I don't think it will change that much your live game if you are playing once in a while on a club on the next corner, but if you are trying to live from poker, then I would really recommend it. it basically covers all kinds of tells that people give when they are playing poker and how to discover them

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite being an IT professional I cannot take to online streaming as a recreation so it looks like it'll have to be books for me. Some of the suggestions I will be looking into and getting a couple to start with. Thanks for the suggestions.

B

burapeti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read only 1, the book of Daniel Negreanu.

Xela7778

Xela7778

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
none. but ive watched tons of videos and discussed it thoroughly with friends. especially discussing different hand analysis, tournament strategies and cash strategies do help

Yes, it is a formula of win, and don't listen anyone , poker avery day changed, more and more people become a poker profy and stratagy changed faster then the book writed