How many buy-ins have you been down in a single session? And after a session?

cldvdldlm

cldvdldlm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good gentlemen! Well today I bring a curious question, How many boxes have you lost in a single session ?, and of course, How many have you lost at most during several sessions?

I ask this question to create something of salseo, the only goal and purpose of this thread is to see how the variance lady (+ the bad game in some cases) can take the green line to the subsoil and that it helps us laugh (or mourn) and motivate us to continue studying and improving!

Let's see who has the current record of Edukito of more BIs down during session:

P PD: graphics are allowed for better salute hehe

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't give you an exact number but it's somewhere between a lot and a big bunch.

Estebon

Estebon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it's about 3 - 5 buy-in down but 8 /10 times I win them back.
����

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must have been six times and not in the money....
So its not my favorite, better freeze outs for me :)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to say that no matter how much you lost in one gaming session, but it is important how much you win. A good player understands when to get up from the table. It is not possible to play plus every time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For cash games 5-6. For tournaments I have sometimes lost 20 buyins or more in a day.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I was down 5 buy-ins at one point and finished the session up 1 buy-in. This is over 2,000 hands.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can be in a downswing and be down multiple sessions, one after the other. That's why is recommended to have 100 bb. You will feel less stress during those moments. It happens to the best, it's part of the game

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure the most buy-ins I have lost, but I try to keep it to no more than three. After losing three buy-ins I feel that can no longer objectively look at situations and tend to push to hard when I think I have a chance to get back to even.

Only time I deviate is if I know I am at a very soft table and just gotten unlucky a few times. I will take a short break and make sure I am coming to that determination based on fact instead of anger or pride.

L

lucasotgiu3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many buy-ins?

I would say I lost 12-15 buy-ins in a singe session through loads of rebuys and multitabling

L

lybushka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I play maximum 4 tables at ones, then only 4 buy-ins.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can be in a downswing and be down multiple sessions, one after the other. That's why is recommended to have 100 bb. You will feel less stress during those moments. It happens to the best, it's part of the game

You probably meant 100 buy-ins. 100 bb is just one max buy-in at most tables.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually after losing 5 or 8 blinds. I stop my session and I go out to change my ideas.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-7 bi in one session (after 5bi I usually stop my game) and generally something about 11-12 bi.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to say that no matter how much you lost in one gaming session, but it is important how much you win. A good player understands when to get up from the table. It is not possible to play plus every time.

This right here, im down over 6 - 10 buy ins this week, had to get up last night and go play some vids as i found myself wandering over to the spin and gos, As i have been playing and practicing my cash all week i have been swinging like a playset on a windy day. Now as i made the mistake of playing afew spins last night i evend up and am starting this week off with a 25 game sit and go challenge to keep my disciplined as thats my main game for slow profits.

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five or six. I've definitely had some huge swings; the worst day of being stuck that I can remember, this angelic drunken being came and just lost like $6k at the table in record time, and although I had been down over $800, after he was done doing his thing I had two stacks of blacks and a half stack of greens. Some times if you stick with it, you can get going really good.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my younger less mature days I lost 2 buy ins and tried a third from the atm (which was against my personal rules but like I said I was immature...) and got back up to a little over 900 with a crazy bluff against the table bully and showed it. It was a very good feeling!

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me use my calculator. Oh my gosh. It keeps saying error error. Can’t calculate how bad I play.

P

putski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it depends on if I have money..lol
It also depends on how much the blinds are at the time!
so the most times I have rebought was 3

good luck players!

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for cash games about 3 at most, and in tournaments like 6 to 7 but I think cahs is better to play hahaha

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with callmefloppy. After losing 3 buyins, I will not let poker have any more of my bankroll that day.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 I have a strict rule that after I lose 3 BI's I take a break.

S

snaiper82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Да случалось такое но редко в кеше zoom случалось такое там играть в + нужно быстро увеличивать BB с хорошим стеком проще играется и на этом: пусть и 4 входа а что касается турниров МТТ тогда да если хороший приз а вы выбили на АА то да сделайте риентри или идите турнир по дороже