How long does it take to become a poker pro?

Badboy279

Badboy279

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone. Answer me one question: how much time do I need to become a pro poker player?

Last edited by a moderator:

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. Can you ask me on one question, how much time i nee, then i will be a pro poker player???

I guess that depends on your current skill level and how quickly you learn and absorb information.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. Can you ask me on one question, how much time i nee, then i will be a pro poker player???

By definition, pro poker player is one who makes money solely by playing poker. There are no other sources of income etc. That being said, a pro player can be a losing player as much as a winning one.

The latter is what you have to aim for - being a winning, successful poker player. And can take years really.

The most famous pro - Daniel Negreanu stated that he started playing when he was 16 yrs old. He decided he will not get a regular 8 hour job but would play poker 8 hours a day, every work day. Today he is the most famous and among the most successful players in the world.
For him, it apparently took years/decades to get where he is now, and he still constantly learns more about the game and improves his gameplay and gamestyle.

I also suggest reading this: https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-bl...-plan-to-becoming-a-professional-poker-player. It is a very old article, but it might help out a bit in terms of understanding the process

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play a lot and very well be able to play at good expensive tournaments and get to the final tables and take 1-2-3 places so that you can win good prizes and win cups, and then you will be a pro player!

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can born a pro player... or you can try all your life and never be a pro player...
depends your capacity of learn about poker

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the willingness and speed training. If you're going to learn a fee, about 3 years old, if free, then 4 and up to infinity.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically depend of you, you have study a lot, use your time to learn about everything about poker, play a lot too and your capacity to learn.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can earn lots of money playing poker, then you can call yourself a poker pro player.
But to be honest, this is not so easy as it can seems at the first sight.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick to having fun with poker . Once it becomes a job the game becomes work . This can quickly suck all the fun out of the game. The demographics have changed in poker sponsorships. You Should also heed the advice in that link to the Denegs article posted. Best of luck I hope you make it brother !

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
professional growth

Everyone has their own time period, during which they first master the basic fundamentals of the game, then begin to comprehend some important and necessary features for a good game. it takes years for someone, even a decade for anyone. It also depends on the intensity of your game, the frequency of training and training, the detailed analysis of the game. It’s important to understand that you can never say a stop professional who knows absolutely Everything. In this game, professional growth is constant and long.so the main thing to move forward is on the path to perfection, which, as we all know, is infinite.:angel::angel::angel:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it takes about 1 sencond to become a pro player; someone that has poker a job.
it may take a bit more to become a winning pro.
Myabe your family can support you the first time?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you have to play poker for at least 10,000 hours, or 5-7 years. But it all depends on you, on your temperament, discipline, patience and your desire to become a successful player.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's different in every person, there's no answer

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to be a highly proficient player that wins lots of money, it is likely going to take you thousands of hours of playing and thousands of more hours studying how to play. Some have it easier than others, but most people, no matter what field they are in, have to be willing to put in the work to achieve their desired outcome.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no specific timeline, that depends solely on the individual

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study hard the game play many tournaments and when you become profitable when you are earning enough money to live and be happy this is the time to become a professional.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Hi everyone. Answer me one question: how much time do I need to become a pro poker player?
That is like asking how long is a piece of string.

It is different for everyone.

:bandit:

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its about a 100,000 man hours Give or Take, a few hundred thousand Play Chips, $4,000 - $16,000 Real Money Entry Fee's, Six maybe Seven Pairs of Sun Glasses, a whole Wardrobe Full of Hoodies, a good MP3 Player, Good Friends to support you on the rails and start your Fan Club...

Hold On How Long is a piece of string? Hmmm I think that's going to be the title of my Next Thread... Wonder if I'd get as Many Takers... lol

Actually I might get lots of one liners... That'll Do!!

tenor.gif

Just Keep Trying One Day Some One will Ask you for your Autograph, That's When you Know You've Made it...

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no answer. It depends from many factors like work ethic, your skill to learn new things, how many hours you will daily play/learn, mindset factors which many people have different. You can be a pro even after 6 months if you work with someone and you can play 10 years and still be on microstakes.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on you. But I think that you have to play poker for at least 5 years in a row.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best Polish "limitless" cash player needed 2-3 years to get the high stakes games from the freerolls.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many and all life is not enough to become a professional poker game . Only a few percent of people can consistently play poker, and achieve real success of about 0.02% .

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is not even how long it takes to become a professional poker player. It all depends on your skills and abilities, you also need to take active part in live tournaments and expensive online tournaments, always showing very good results. This is very difficult to achieve and each player may need time in a different way.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it all depends on how much effort you put into attaining your goals.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A long time , but it's easier if all ready have a lot a money to play with and doesn't effect your mentally when you lose