How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions? (Online)

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on which poker phase I am.
In the beginning and in the middle I leave myself only a few seconds, especially when I tend to fold.
At the end of an MTT at Finaltisch I try to give me ca. 20 seconds.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make decisions very quickly. But always depends on how much my hand is strong..

C

cjrent0608

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually take about 5-10 seconds, but it varies in different situations.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation, sometimes when you play for several tables, there is not enough time to make a decision.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first decision is usually the correct one

A

Azay79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hallo! I make my choice very fust, becouse it's fortune things, I see what i need and make a moove)

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quickly, i don't like wasting time.

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make quick decisions it's better that way.... My first instinct is by best option in the end.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Accordingly i don't give too much time for taking decisions , ☝️☝️

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I tend to make a quick decision, sometimes I do take longer to act then necessary in order to make my opponent edgy

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All depends on the situation sometimes stalling but not much mainly on the bluff or with the nuts plus look what kind of players to do it in General, it's all situational

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i make a move fast but there are times when i need to consider and ofc when i have the nuts

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very situational though in bigger buy-in tourneys I try to use the same amount of clock every hand to keep them from having a read, also try to make my betting pattern consistent when I can.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing for beginning poker players is to realize that bet-timing behavior can influence your opponent's actions. When you start playing regularly, it is important to not act too quickly or you risk giving away important information about your hand.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually take about 10 seconds to act. On some hands thou I do tank to induce action. It is sometimes difficult to keep your bet timing consistent when muilt tabling.

L

lizz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
one of the biggest mistakes is that when you have a strong hand you make decision very fast thinking you gonna win for sure.. better take all the time available to think first for the best decision

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quickly. In online poker bluff associated with delayed time - not the best way to affect the opponent.
In the later stages-Yes. At an early virtually no. Only when allinn player want to do.
I think so.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J

Hello .After 8 years of playing poker ...some moves are designed fast at your mind.Any time with any hand ,your decisions is fast .For example if you got a 3 of a kind you know exactly what to do .Experience helps me is i want to value bet etc.Have a nice game and good luck to all!

U

unlim_lv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
quick..always quick....if tournament is close to final table, i might consider my moove for few more secs, but still quick

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to sustain a pause of 15-20 seconds, regardless of my hand. I do not want to let my opponents calculate my game.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case I try to make the decisions before the timeout expires, usually a couple of seconds it reaches me

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. If I want to bluff I bet pretty much instantly to make them think I hit the flop/turn/river. Other times when I try to pretend that I am going to bluff I take a longer time to make them think I am considering whether to bluff or not. All in all though I don't really think they notice.

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to use up most of my allotted time except for times when my hand is really bad. (Example: 2-7 unsuited.) Then I make quick decisions and fold right away.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The solution depends on the situation. It takes time to count the outs, the chances of the bank, to evaluate the opponent's game. I prefer not to hurry and think it over. Often, I pull the time as much as possible if the tournament has reached the prize zone and it's important to "sit out" opponents to get into the prizes)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends , I don't have a standard time response. Sometimes some decisions need for sure more time to think about them.But the only think I take for granted is when I am out of position and I have flopped nothing I don't check instantly because for many online player this is considered to be the only online read! So I take some seconds and then I check.