How long do sng's take? FTP

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Question for you. I KNOW each tourney is different, based on the players. But at the same time, the blinds go up at a specific pace, so it is difficult for the players (no matter how good or bad) to be the complete 'bottleneck' for the speed of a tourney.

I played a $1 dollar 90-man 'deep' sng yesterday and came 5th. I actually just ended up giving away my chips (not literally, but just kept raising) because I couldn't stay and couldn't wait another hour for $15. The tourney took 4-hrs in total.

Assuming you win the tourney, for Full Tilt sng's(mostly where I play) can anyone fill in the blanks here (I am only looking for very GENERAL times)

180-man sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)

90-man deep sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)
90-man deep turbo sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)

45-man sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)

27-man sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)
27-man turbo sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)

18-man sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)
18-man turbo sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)

9-man sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)
9-man turbo sng's take approximately _____ hrs (min)

Although I could fill in a couple myself, I figure if I get enough input, I will finalize the post and if people want to play a sng, they can know approximately how long they need to set aside for the game.

Does the buy in amount make a difference? $1, $5,............$100?

If this has already been done, please direct me to the post/thread.

Thanks!

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mmmmm.... Well depends when you bust if you do bust... Best thing to do is look at the blind structures and number of players and total number of chips...

Then work out the highest blinds you can get... The add up all level = Total time....

So a single 9 seater... Would a maximum of 132 minutes 2 hours and 12 minutes... 13500 / 2 = 6750 ... Highest blinds are around 2000/4000. Level 22.

Level 22 * 6 = 132.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a sng yesterday (made 2nd ;)) and at 47 minutes i thought it flew by :)

Usually around and hour - hour & 10 :top:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I'm too lazy to do it myself I'd suggest looking up the finished tourneys - that should give you an idea about how long they take w/o doing much math.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a sng yesterday (made 2nd ;)) and at 47 minutes i thought it flew by :)

Usually around and hour - hour & 10 :top:

I played a SnG yesterday and it lasted 5 minutes... oh wait - that's because I busted out! :mad:

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically play single table 9 man and they last anywhere from 30 minutes (rare, but happens if there are a lot of fish and donks on the table) to 1 hour and 30 minutes (Also rare, usually only last that long if there are a lot of rocks and decent players on the table) I would say the median time is right around an hour to a little over an hour.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree that the 9 player SNGs will last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half. An hour and a half is definitely rare, but if the final three players are good it is possible. I have played a few 90 person double stack $1 sngs and for some reason 4 hours sticks out in my mind, havent played enough of them to remember.

If you want a single number for the 9players I would just put 1 hour which is what seems about avg for them. Of course this can give or take 20 minutes.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turbo 9 mans take about 35 to 40 minutes.
Deep stack turbo 90 man sngs would be about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Super turbo 9 mans should only take about 20 minutes.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the action. I've been in ones that were over in 25 minutes and then again Ive seen the blinds up to 150/300 with 4 still left.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I'm too lazy to do it myself I'd suggest looking up the finished tourneys - that should give you an idea about how long they take w/o doing much math.

Thanks for the input guys. You all are saying approximately what I thought as well. But I also like the ideal of looking up finished tourneys. Forgot I could do that! Think I'll take a look.

Take Care!

T

turby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeap, SNG superTs (9man) last 20 mins tops.. if it's a 45 ma.. usually can go to an Hour. More than that depends on stack dynamics of the final table.

three3y3

three3y3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your asking purley speculative questions in every senario........but this i can say the looser the field the quicker the tourney......from 9 handed to 180 your looking at over an hour

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Just wanted to be clear. I was not looking for anything specific. I know it was an extremely broad question. I just wanted a 'guesstimate' from some people.

Thanks.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have to agree that the 9 player SNGs will last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half. An hour and a half is definitely rare, but if the final three players are good it is possible. I have played a few 90 person double stack $1 sngs and for some reason 4 hours sticks out in my mind, havent played enough of them to remember.

If you want a single number for the 9players I would just put 1 hour which is what seems about avg for them. Of course this can give or take 20 minutes.

Question about this ^ "if the final 3 players are good it can last 1.5hrs." ?
I STRONGLY Disagree..... if they're good they'll be raise > 3bet shove/fold and game will last till they get it in.

As far as how long the games last just check out 'completed' sng's & you'll see 'exactly' how long previous ones have lasted.

Another question... this one is for OP. You say you didn't want to play for another hour & so busted out in 5th?? In a 90plyr. (or 45), once there's ~5 or 6 players left the game can be over within minutes and rarely goes for more than 10 more mins. max. (if it's a Turbo 90plyr., probably even less as stacks sizes are usually pretty shallow in relation to the blinds, even in the 45's at reg. speed the stacks are shallow on final table).