How To Keep The Concentration In A Various HS Poker Tournament?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My method is listening to music and varying my game
to maintain the concentration that leads me to have
fun at the table. But I think that the tournaments
should not last 8 daily HS. What is your method? :confused::D

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CuddlyBobcat30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also listen to music. On top of that, I try to take notes on hands, whether I'm involved or not. I always forget how things happened when I'm trying to analyze it later so now I've started trying to keep a good journal after each interesting hand.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have only one method and is effective.
During the game, I always listen to music, and during the break for 5 minutes, I try to go out and breathe fresh air.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I always try to be patient and wait for good cards. By focusing on the game, I usually look at the story and analyze the game of my opponents all the time. And so, in fact, I do not have time to lose concentration.
Good luck.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always playing 5-8 tournaments at a time so there's no time to lose concentration.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have music or TV on. But I am focused on the tournament and I take advantage of the break to relax

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have only one method and is effective.
During the game, I always listen to music, and during the break for 5 minutes, I try to go out and breathe fresh air.
if it works for you? I'm glad

I always have music or TV on. But I am focused on the tournament and I take advantage of the break to relax
you could try a good beer too

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration is maintained through a few tournaments, in my opinion the most I would play in a total of 4 tournaments on my computer, and seeing as there are players who play 10 tournaments at the same time and I don't know how they do to stay so focused, I think they don't It gives time to study your rivals, due to the large number of players, I also like to concentrate listening to music to relax, sometimes I play two tournaments and try to concentrate as best as possible.

poker is art and it comes in all colors.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I've noticed that TV has a bad effect on my concentration, so if I play a lot of tournaments I turn off the TV, and the music you like has a great effect on concentration.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I do not listen to music while playing poker, the TV does not work, only the poker room is running on the computer, no social networks, no programs are running at all except poker, I close myself in the room and play so that no one interferes, so I concentrate :)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay within limits, for focus

To stay concentrated, I stay within limits. I try to limit myself to 2 tournaments simultaneously. More than 2, it's too easy to get distracted by downturns in one of the 2.
Also, I limit the potential distractions. Try to get isolated during poker time. If it's just you and the cards, that's an advantage over people who are easily distracted when their life is more pressing than poker.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Concentration is maintained through a few tournaments, in my opinion the most I would play in a total of 4 tournaments on my computer, and seeing as there are players who play 10 tournaments at the same time and I don't know how they do to stay so focused, I think they don't It gives time to study your rivals, due to the large number of players, I also like to concentrate listening to music to relax, sometimes I play two tournaments and try to concentrate as best as possible.

poker is art and it comes in all colors.
like a rainbow

I've noticed that TV has a bad effect on my concentration, so if I play a lot of tournaments I turn off the TV, and the music you like has a great effect on concentration.
what kind of music do you listen to?

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing poker for a long time, but I couldn’t figure out the best way to stay focused. For me, for example, listening to music tends to distract me. Perhaps the best is solitude and complete silence. But in very long tournaments, that doesn’t help either, so I’d rather not enter.