How to Handle Bad Luck Swings in Poker?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mean to moan but i genuinely want advice from anyone who has experienced this. After a year later im still not showing any profit from cash games, sng i am, but cash games i am cursed. Its bad beat after bad beat. If it wasnt for the constant bad beats I'd be winning a nice amount, i appreciate i wont win every time im a 80% fave to win a hand but im losing about 80% of the time in these situations. Also when im dealt AA, im called by a lower pocket pair that makes a set, or of i have QQ, KK they have a slightly better pocket pair and i obviously dont get lucky making a set.
When i do make a set with a smal pocket pair, they get a backdoor straight or flush, when i flop a flush i lose to a backdoor full house, when i have a full house they have quads.
Its so unlucky but when dealt these sort of hands its impossible to win, has anyone experienced bullshit like this for such a long time and how did you over come it.
I am playing my hands aggressively so obviously charging a good amount for them to chase a draw but they always hit it. I feel like im not allowed to win a lot of money in poker because every 20 hands or so i get these action cards and im usually on the bad end of them :( any advice anyone?

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 15+ years of poker, my advise is breaks. Breaks give a restart in the poker matrix, giving you a new algorithm in your poker life.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad luck

Just got to be patient try out new recommended sites, maybe try a different poker game, stakes, cash game or tourney switch etc.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I dont mean to moan but i genuinely want advice from anyone who has experienced this. After a year later im still not showing any profit from cash games, sng i am, but cash games i am cursed. Its bad beat after bad beat. If it wasnt for the constant bad beats I'd be winning a nice amount, i appreciate i wont win every time im a 80% fave to win a hand but im losing about 80% of the time in these situations. Also when im dealt AA, im called by a lower pocket pair that makes a set, or of i have QQ, KK they have a slightly better pocket pair and i obviously dont get lucky making a set.
When i do make a set with a smal pocket pair, they get a backdoor straight or flush, when i flop a flush i lose to a backdoor full house, when i have a full house they have quads.
Its so unlucky but when dealt these sort of hands its impossible to win, has anyone experienced bullshit like this for such a long time and how did you over come it.
I am playing my hands aggressively so obviously charging a good amount for them to chase a draw but they always hit it. I feel like im not allowed to win a lot of money in poker because every 20 hands or so i get these action cards and im usually on the bad end of them :( any advice anyone?
Try and play differently than what you usually play. It may very well be a matter of just not putting yourself in the situations where your aggression puts your entire stack on the line on flips.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really, I understand your point but given my impatience, I tend to be between loss and gain, so I take it more as an entertainment

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone wants to be a good/great cash player,,few are.Try something different. :)

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try and play differently than what you usually play. It may very well be a matter of just not putting yourself in the situations where your aggression puts your entire stack on the line on flips.

Everyone wants to be a good/great cash player,,few are.Try something different. :)
Shall i just fold aa kk qq preflop and fold my sets and flushes then as its these hands costing me the most!:D

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howdy brother:0) I am pretty sure all of us go through times like yours I know I have maybe not the drought you are going through but it does happen:0/ all I can say is play your hands a little different maybe not be so aggressive but firm and always stay patient:0) and sometimes a good breather or even a short break could help just until your love comes back and maybe a couple extra dollars:0) but I wish you luck and remember to keep grinding:0)

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got to be patient try out new recommended sites, maybe try a different poker game, stakes, cash game or tourney switch etc.

Howdy brother:0) I am pretty sure all of us go through times like yours I know I have maybe not the drought you are going through but it does happen:0/ all I can say is play your hands a little different maybe not be so aggressive but firm and always stay patient:0) and sometimes a good breather or even a short break could help just until your love comes back and maybe a couple extra dollars:0) but I wish you luck and remember to keep grinding:0)
Cheers bro, good luck in your games :)

K

kraurwhite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not bad luck or bad play it is rigged or fixed on pokerstars anyway

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wave a chicken over my head. It makes the chicken mad.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I been thru this and it still happens to me. I have learned to play all my big hands different ways so as my opponent will have a hard time knowing wht i have.

C

Cory55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Bad beats are bad beats,it's apart of poker. You should be reviewing the hands you are losing and making sure it's down to look and not your plays in my opinion. If if down to bad beats take it on the chin and keep grinding if not learn from mistakes and try not to make them again

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do they get away with it if its rigged? Which site would you suggest instead?

All online sites are simular. So play for entertainment until you get a understanding on each. I played 15 years live and when I became disabled I couldn't travel so online is all I got. It looks like poker and sometimes feels like poker but it is different. When you start losing constantly just jump to another site for a while. It does wonders.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As some others have already said, try mixing your play a little. There are times to play your premium cards aggressively but often I find that it is wise to not place too much emphasis on these holdings when they come up. Slow your heart beat and take a mental deep breath, so to speak, when you see these cards in your holdings. I also try to prepare myself for what I am going to do so that when I see the cards I already have a plan in mind.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck

For everything in life luck help but the effort can be recognized and the more luck will do more games

I believe that luck is something considerable but the skill in poker and online where you play a lot then the volume of games allows us to see our long-term performance

:jd4:mateuspoker

ScoobyEdu

ScoobyEdu

How about some fun games?
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Luck is a very important

I believe that in poker the luck is an important factor that make some players be more profitable than the others.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, take a break in the game for a while and maybe luck will come to you later in the game, or try playing tournaments and try to get results and winnings!

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got same problems mate. Thanks God it's not for a year like you(I would go completely mad), it's just for a month for me. I've decided I will try to make a good bankroll about a month ago but it is impossible with these bad beats. At first I thought it's me playing bad and that I'm just blaming it on bad luck so I feel better. Later on as I was rewatching those hands that made me lose and most of the time incredible amounts of luck were on opponents side(especially those 80-20% or close to that). The bigger the underdog they are, the more luck they will have. Got a feeling pokerstars is made that way. Maybe I will try to play wider range so I get that luck too :D

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise you to contact your coach in order for him to analyze your game! very often it is useful for you! unless of course you use the program to collect statistics))

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
What to do about bad luck in poker?

In long terms skill is what is going to make you win, not luck, books say that poker is 80% skill and 20% luck.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed that when the whole game comes only a good card rarely comes victory.Over time, intuition appears and you bet and win the hand even on a bad card.The last time I won a Freeroll I bet on a couple of medium cards. Twice had a pair of nines and I take the pot.In the same game, not played pair of kings..We need to play a lot and then the victories will begin to come.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How often do you analyze your game ??? for beginners It should be about 50-50% !!! that is, you play 50% of the time and the analysis of the game should take about the same time !!! only this way you will find your mistakes and correct them !!!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands