How @Gripsed on Twitch made my life better -- Thanks to Evan Jarvis

walkerbear

walkerbear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a regular on his twitch then you already know who I am.

Let me first say I started with $0 on ACR. I did not deposit, I earned my bankroll from watching him.

I watch him so much that on the 1st day of watching I gave him my free Amazon Prime sub. Why? Cus i seen him on here -- 2007 pokerstars, ultimatebet & fulltilt stole over $200,000 from me, Negreanu hinself owes me a wsop ticket for beating him in headsup. It was a large buyin event but i did it and i beat him.
Ultimatebet I had won a $12k package from step up sngs. Took me 18 tries [always from Step 1] but I won $10k wsop ticket and $2000 for travel.

A few weeks later in the middle of April 2007 -- i lost it all. I spent several years HOMELESS.

THE ONLY REASON I SURVIVED THAT WAS OTHER PPL'S GENEROSITY. Plus, I was always wearing my USMC stuff, us veterans are more likely to be given a donation.

Anyways, after surviving the streets, bad credit, 28 day shuffles, getting on SSI helped me gtfo the streets.

So why did I say all this? I have a point.

I knew evan jarvis as a name and nothing more. Now, he is my unofficial life coach & poker teacher.

So my point of saying all the above was, when my wife & I got stable again she made me promise "never deposit ever again!" & as I was about to be sneaky and deposit he read my post out loud and my wife hears it and was like "2007 babe... No deposits" "ik ik" -- cus I was doing great for 3yrs on Global Poker. Never deposited, but i grinded the micros & $50 was a once a week cashout.

Then withdrawing money from global poker about 1yr ago made it so when I cashed out $50 the remainder I had leftover (to grind back to $50) was gone. They charged me extra fees and so global poker was finished.

Then one month ago, a week after my mother I saw @gripsed on twitch. I IMMEDIATELY subbed after watching & listening for 10mins.

He is so positive. So GET IT DONE -- I consider him my unofficial life coach. He has degrees in holistic nutrition and ya know why he quit weed?

He made a misclick while stoned & lost a lot of money. Now most of us would move on. Not @Gripsed.

He got clean & sober and now he motivates us to be better players! Better people!!

Guys, I started with a $0 bankroll on ACR. I listened, I watched his calls, his plays, his patterns... I got staked $1.65 from @Gripsed @weepro83 and @BOTLADY & Now my ACR account has $40 in it.

So no matter your struggles in life. IT CAN ALWAYS GET BETTER!

THANK YOU @GRIPSED! FOR CHANGING LIVES & BEING A GOOD MAN.

Your loyal sub, --AOT

walkerbear

walkerbear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i posted in wrong forum. Forgive me. I just wanted to do something nice for a friend.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good to hear you came out a better man for it on the other side bad experiences always teach us way more sometimes than great happy experiences walkerbear,
Yes Evan has put a lot of great content out there in the poker world great guy I agree enjoy watching many of his clips educational stuff.
Keeping the hope and dream alive is important to all when facing adversity and struggle looking to hold current position 1st lol today in this great league game organised by him too.:top:
Week 1 task 1

walkerbear

walkerbear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Major update on the kindness of this community...

@BOTLADY told @AlwaysIvey that my laptop fell (and i missed catching it) and so w/o me even asking they did this for me (pic).

This is what I am talking about. The constant generosity amazes me. I owe so much karma now... When I am back on to stream, its gonna be poker. And im gonna do giveaways and give back to those that helped me.

This ALL started because I joined @Gripsed_Poker.

This is why i am posting this...
If you suffer from Anxiety, High blood pressure you feel like crap all day long cus you are alone or bipolar. Yo! There *is* hope! Go to twitch and and look up @Gripsed.

WARNING: POSSIBLE side-effects include happiness, laughter, joy, pride in being a better man for your woman & making life-long friends!

Thank you all! @BOTLADY, @WEEPRO83, @ALWAYSIVEY, @GRIPSED_POKER

EXrdIdSXsAAWMl5

walkerbear

walkerbear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update on the laptop giveaway

Well, I got screwed over. I was actually looking for this picture to make a post about it.

Please let me explain. I have suffered many loses since April. One thing that would've saved our house is if @botlady and @alwaysivey had kept their word.

I'm sorry to report bad things. I feel scared just typing this out but I have to remember that I am not the bad guy and I did nothing wrong.

But they used my situation, my grieve to sell those tickets and months later I asked personally on twitter if I can pay him thru ACR the S&H.
He told me he was really upset with botlady but then yelled at me and blocked me.

Now it's November 2020 -- 7 months later and my wife and I live in a small 3.bedroom with 2 other junkie couples.

it would have been hard for us to live here a while ago but we have been clean and sober for a while -- about 6 years. Despite losing many family members to covid-19 and family I never broke.

When AlwaysIvey screwed me over -- My wife and I both cried. this all happened the same month that I lost my mother and my sister to covid19.

He used me and my family's pain and suffering to sell tickets for his laptop giveaway with the promise that I would get a laptop out of it.

He made himself look like an awesome person who was helping out a victim of this pandemic. In the coming weeks to my laptop falling 1-in I had accomplished a great many things.
I also did not get any stimulus money because Trump thinks anyone who owes child support is automatically a deadbeat dad so Fiscal Services sent me a letter saying my money went to SANTA ANA CHILD SUPPORT.

NATURALLY I CALLED THEM. I needed to know if I could get it back and if I couldn't I needed to know that at least my son was taken care of. But that is not how that phone call went. I actually found out that my ex-wife had allowed her new husband to adopt my son.

So I asked them if my son got that money and they said no that it went to repay Child Support Services. Really?? So Child Support Services just took my money, told me that my child was no longer my child by law and that I still owe $30,000 & "now that we know where you are we can garnish you."

November 11th was my son's 13th birthday in the last time I spoke to him was November 11th 2009. The last words he said to me were "Daddy I don't like my new Daddy he hurts me" at which point my ex-wife hung up the phone.

I have never heard from my son since and I hear that everyday through my head. "Daddy...umm.. Tyler, my new Daddy hurts m..." *Click!*

I will never recover.fr.what AlwaysIvey and botlady did to me.

It took me this long to reply because it took this long to finally get situated. Do you guys know how hard it is to find a motel while you are homeless during a pandemic??
Thankfully,.we got into this apartment. It's not so bad once the junkies and tweakers go to sleep.

I'm not trying to start any drama or gain sympathy btw. Infact, I am half-expecting for people to call ME the bad guy. I'm insecure what can I say?
I understand that I will never get a laptop and I will never be able to run obs and my live streaming career is over.

But I can't allow this guy to get away with this. I don't know what can be done I don't think anything can be done. I don't want anything bad to happen to him either I'm not that kind of person.
I just wanted to report the facts because I feel like I can't show my face anymore for what HE did.

Am I overreacting? I'm sorry if this post upsets anyone or telling the truth somehow violates some code on this website.

But my wife and I are continuing to suffer and he is continuing giveaways like nothing happened. This guy doesn't even know that he caused all this but I doubt he would care. He told me one time that he suffers from anxiety and I told him that I do too. I empathize with his anxiety but that doesn't give him the right to tell people "you are helping so and so" & then NOT help me.

I thought when people did giveaways and scammed you that you got blacklisted from the community. I'm sorry I didn't report this earlier but I didn't have the means, he literally got me evicted and we lost our house.

Anyways my lack of confidence and now plenty of insecurities are making me say DONT POST THIS. but I can't let it go.

Would you?? Anyways, that's all I have to say about that.

Take care everyone! If anybody wants to talk to me in private send me a message I could really use some friendly advice.

Is it this lockdown? Is it me? Why do I feel hated & I did nothing wrong??

anyways that's all I have to say about that period if anybody would like to talk to me in private I would appreciate that. I could really use someone to talk to. I'm hurting so badly. That's all. Again, I'm sorry if this post goes against anything. I just wanted to get this out. After an hour of crying I will feel better.

P.S. throughout all of this I am still proud to say that I am 6 years clean and sober. Despite everything I have gone through, I never once broke my sobriety. Today is my 6th year anniversary of being free from methadone, anniversary of when I last talked to my son & he turned 13.

I guess the moral of this is if you do a giveaway to help somebody then stick to your word. You never know the situation that person is in. If you read this much, I thank you and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Ok that's all.

Last edited:
amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
hectic. The nice thing about poker though is that you need very little to get you started - even old 10-year-old laptops run the software and with freerolls and free wifi - should not be hard getting a bankroll going.

Your destiny is in your hands, not anyone else's.