I spend my free time to playing poker
But how can I explain to my wife .....; ((

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never too late to break up and remain friends instead of lovers.

A lover should understand your passions or the relationship cannot last.

You've done your duty as parents, the kids are grown up and independent so to split up now is totally understandable if you two do not get along. Don't feel bad, religion is there to brainwash you not to help you.

Slider23

Slider23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you tried teaching the wife how to play poker? Going out to play in a poker tournament can be a fun night out.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like your losing a lot of money the wife would be happy if you won big I know mine would but I play when I get off work.

Cajunaimee

Cajunaimee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell her its your only vice, dont gambool her money. you work hard for your money (assuming) as long as you take care of your responsiblities you should be able to play. teach her the game, you might end up with a new poker buddy. prolly wouldnt hurt to take an interest in one of her hobbies too

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long known that to change the other person is simply not possible. In such situations, no need to fuss, spoil nervous system, you just need to change ourselves and the attitude to the problem. Try to be tolerant, friendly and condescending, it will be a good basis for new family relationships.

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's there to explain? I don't understand the issue without more context.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The children grew up and left the house
I do not drink alcohol, and now I am old to wander around the city

With divorce papers????

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Teach her how to play)) maybe she will be interested. But don't hide it from her

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the easiest way to arrange a clear schedule for example, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, days for poker, and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday for walks with his wife :)

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show her a five figure score and you wont have to explain anything

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The children grew up and left the house

I do not drink alcohol, and now I am old to wander around the city

Good Luck ... My wife just tolerates poker [emoji23]

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you focus your attention on your wife and make her feel special and put her first or second depending what relationship it is, I don't see a problem.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Try to make her love poker to. The reasons that made you like poker maybe they work to her!

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should explain to your wife that this is like a hobby. Say that this game helps you relax and make money. and that it will not affect on your family life

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always, win tournaments and all the money possible playing poker.. So you will show her your love for poker.. giving her half of your earnings.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if he got rid of his wife for poker if he did he's probably regretting it who's going to cook his food and clean

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I think there's only one way that your wife fell in love with poker just as you start to win a lot of money and withdraw from poker.))))))))))))))

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just talk about it, let her know what you want, exchange something with her, eg: ket her go to the bingo while u play poker, another thing to do is spend high quiality time when you don't play poker.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife also at the beginning shouted that I spend more time in poker and not with her, but when I talked with my wife and told her how to play and she saw how I withdraw money from poker, now she supports me when I play in the evenings and do not be mad at me!

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if he got rid of his wife for poker if he did he's probably regretting it who's going to cook his food and clean

Once you are sucesfull you just hire people, its as easy as that :D

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
you are together for long time you should share your thoughts, your news etc .Poker it's not big deal if you are financially control that and maybe it's better for your wife too, to have some hobbies and interests separated with you .Couple in life doesn't mean we spent 24 hours together ,explain that you really like poker but don't forget she is your wife she needs attention too ;)

S

Skott9603

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck. My EX once acted interested and lost all interest when I started to explain the hand rankings. I often played and the only thing she ever wanted to know was "how much did you win?" She was always planning how to spend the money while I was on my way home. I learned quickly to shade the truth on the amount. She never asked how much I lost.

My advice (notice I said EX so take my advice with a grain of salt) is to compare to a strategy game that she might enjoy, monopoly, sorry, etc. Something with variance, the games I mentioned involve dice so chance is a part of the game. Then throw in the mental aspects. Don't be too involved, just an over view to start. Explain that the strategy and risk create an excitement that you enjoy.

That's my advice.

Good luck.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 5 years and my wife still does not understand me

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Set her up to do things she loves while you play poker,and don`t ignore her when you play.:flowers: