How to escape the Jaded feeling?

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't quite think of it as tilt, like Helmuth style but that feeling where the opponents hit their 5% draw on an unlikely board...the feeling that makes you wanna give up altogether?
not a rage quit but like a why bother if the software is gonna consistently feed the fish

how do you get over that and get back to playing sharp and focused?

T

ThatGuyTim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music whenever something like that happens (if it’s a tourney and that didn’t knock me out). If not I take a small break clear my mind. ��*♂️

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
First, it's good to take a break. In many cases when what you described happens, people rush into playing again. That is not a good decision, cause the rage or however you call it makes an influence on your game. You are not calm and often make bad decisoins.

So, give yourself time off the table and when you feel calm and willing to play, go ahead.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't quite think of it as tilt, like Helmuth style but that feeling where the opponents hit their 5% draw on an unlikely board...the feeling that makes you wanna give up altogether?
not a rage quit but like a why bother if the software is gonna consistently feed the fish

how do you get over that and get back to playing sharp and focused?
When, after a loss, you start to play not in your optimal game under the influence of emotions, we make it more dispersed. And we find ourselves in a situation where a player cannot analyze the situation philosophically and without emotions. I believe that in this case, we need to play dry and tightly control the size of the bank. Play a check on any flop, do not play difficult hands and in no case bluff. Ideally, you need to work on emotions and be able to not pay attention to the current result, but how many players are able to do that:rolleyes:. I personally practice meditation and the situation is changing for the better with each passing day.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the game, you need to have a good rest and get enough sleep.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have two options.
1. I play in tournaments with a minimum buy-in.
2. I take a break for a few days.