How does the evolution of your poker game work?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that like so many here in the forum I go through the following situation:

Agent studies .. reads a book .. learns concepts ... and tries to put them into practice ... soon we understand how it works and we end up learning a new profitable move, or a new way of thinking about a certain situation and etc. .

The issue is that it seems that after a few days .. or some time .. we ended up seeing the results no longer appear ... then suddenly appear one or another result but ... we feel like beginners in the game again!

So I would like to ask you: How does the evolution of your game work?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 5 months. I really like this game.
For myself, I realized that you always have to wait for strong cards, use the position at the table, and take into account the opponents' game. In general, for a successful game, you need to be patient and disciplined.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play and study also study and play practice makes perfect good luck.:)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Lena that the game needs patience and wait for good cards for the game, everything happens to me simply if I play and my card plays well all day and I win everywhere in tournaments and cash games that is a great day for me, well and if the map does not play anywhere, it means that today I'm not lucky and it was not my day for victories!

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for quite a long time. I am constantly practicing and studying for something new.

Mariancrt

Mariancrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study and practice + be patient is the key , and yes sometimes it happen to apply a strategy and no results..so you need to find a way to the top, but is different everytime, different players so improve.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play with a lot of player's notes, each game's style, all information removed, will be valid in the present, or in the future when facing that player, I also observe the variance of the game, if I realize that I am in a unlucky, I give it a couple of days to cool it down, it usually works.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the tables are always changing, there will be different ways of playing and strategies that are profitable throughout the course of luck will always be fundamental, but we all have different patterns of play. I started to play with the variance and it turned out to be a time in certain situations. when I overcome certain stages I close a bit more and after overcoming them I open but lately I feel that everyone plays the same and no longer works premium hands playing the strong few times I result in trying to play good projects profitably and get the most out of them possible but in the end it all comes down to luck and the ability to take advantage of that luck:secruity:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today's poker is very dynamic. It is no longer enough to learn some concepts and just use them. Other players are constantly improving so if you are serious player you should do the same.

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately, I've learned a lot lately in poker, so my evolution in the game goes well and does not stand still.:icon_thum

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still can not build my bank, but I also do not deposit, I think I'll get it soon, I have to be patient, I only play for 3 months.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Negative,In my opinion.It was easier to play last year..

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for 10 years. I'm a winning player. In the first year of the game, I read a lot of books, watched trainings and used theories in practice. I am currently analyzing only lost hands. I have motivation to learn, because from time to time I see new opponents' strategies and I have to adapt to them.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that like so many here in the forum I go through the following situation:

Agent studies .. reads a book .. learns concepts ... and tries to put them into practice ... soon we understand how it works and we end up learning a new profitable move, or a new way of thinking about a certain situation and etc. .

The issue is that it seems that after a few days .. or some time .. we ended up seeing the results no longer appear ... then suddenly appear one or another result but ... we feel like beginners in the game again!

is good

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I read interesting articles or books. Sometimes I watch training videos.
I also try to play every day, although I do not always have enough time.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well... instead of progressing my game is regressing and its all on me,I get to till after a bad day and I get to play like moron for days(about a week now) hoping to get my head around and make some progress again.
Gl at tje tables to all of you!!

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Applying concepts I previously did not know or knew little of. More or less my evolution of the game is shown by the amount of material I know about, along with knowing when and when not to use it.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and a strategic game with it, the rules change constantly, some things do not come back, and constant study to keep up with the changes it produces. You seem to be on the right track. never stop thinking and evolving

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, like many others here on the forum, I go through the following situation:

Agent studies .. .. reads a book teaches concepts ... and try to put them into practice ... soon we we understand how it works and we get to learn a new profitable move, or a new way to think about a situation, etc.

The problem is that it seems that after a few days or ... some time .. we eventually find that the results appear more ... then suddenly appeared one result or another ... but we feel again as beginners!

I would like to ask you: how is the evolution of your game?
That's exactly what's happening to me right now, years ago I often went to the final table with 10,000 players, now I'm losing all the time, I can't play well, :confused::confused:

Last edited:
perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
IM old and have been playing for lots and lots and lots of years. I have read all the old books and a few new ones but I learn more really watching all the plays others make at the tables. I learn more watching when Im not in the hand. I seam to remember the plays better. Figure your table out and do whatever it takes to win it. That means you have to change your play for each table. None are the same.

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's what it's all about ..... of evolution it's important to be clear that what worked months ago no longer works today, the key to everything is to have patience ,,,, expect good hands and follow the greats of the poker to feed our teaching and practice, greetings!

voli106

voli106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I passed the tests at the school of poker, watching the game of other players I learned a lot of interesting things but it did not really help the evolution stands still:pcguru:

voli106

voli106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
believe in yourself and all will be good luck to all:D

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch streams of different players on twitch or live poker, analyze their actions

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some time ago I was practicing with a poker coach for several days, I practiced what I learned and it worked, however in some occasions that theory did not work, the evolution of my game is based on what I learned from those experiences, that together with the The coach's theory is transformed into new game strategies, if you study and analyze them carefully it will continue to evolve over time.:cool:

Top 10 Games