How do you stay occupied?

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get lucky and go deep in a tourney. I wonder what people in the same situation do to keep from getting bored and making bad decisions?

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play poker or watch a movie, go out shopping and take the game on my mobile, take notes, dream of where to spend the winnings... poker is never boring if you want to learn it!!!! If you ALWAYS want to be paid at least the last paid place, it is hard work and pure boring stress!!

I even saw A CC MEMBER CHECKING A FLUSH ACE HIGH (NUTS) TODAY!!!!

Most of the times I think what miracles I could do with my bigstack instead of waiting that EVERYBODY with less chips gets kicked out of the tournament and I get my $!!!
Is that what YOU are thinking about??? Don't play poker, there are coupons for free that give you more ROI!!!!

In case it's not you, defend your stack and use it to grow, but don't get trumped, money (chips) is not everything in this world

Last edited:
J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either play multiple tables or read/watch stuff in my internet browser.

X

x00x00x00x00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that anything that isnt pertanent to the game is a potential distraction. The moment i lose focus is when i potentially miss valuable information. going deep is an excellent time to practice ones self control.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's boring to play not to play...

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always carefully listen to the game and do not get distracted, the game gives pleasure, there is no boredom, there is adrenaline.:ridinghor

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m never bored, sometimes just tired. Yesterday I played almost 6 hours tournament and finish in 14 place because bad beat and not in a moment was bored. So, don’t play if you bored

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have dual big screen tv's running during deep mtt tournament play. I usually watch sports to pass the hours during large mtt tournaments. Basketball is the main sport playing during this time. It definitely helps me stay focused during a 5-8 hour affair.

Shalarin

Shalarin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:I am never bored. I also like watching the gameplay of other players on my table and try to give them a range. :rolleyes::)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I really need nowadays sth to keep my mind "occupied" as you say if I am playing only one/two game(s) , so am watching youtube videos or listening to music or reading CC threads , this also helps me not to go on tilt I think . I might not be 100& concetrated on the table/players/moves but at least am not getting bored if the games last too many hours (especially in the night ;))

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can watch a movie if that's your thing and can focus by doing that. It works for me :)

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I make sure that I have 3-4 tourneys going pretty much at all times. Strict rules for me is no tv I always keep a eye on the action.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the tournaments when you have a good participation usually last hours, listen to music, eat some candy, to stay awake in the game is good.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can multitable,or watch twitch while you are playing,i always do that and never get bored :)

Drewha

Drewha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to better watch the rivals behind the table. I'm trying to completely immerse myself in this game, to make the brain concentrate on this tournament. But it's hard to force him to do anything, and he can easily outsmart you. Sometimes it makes me sick.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play multiple tbls and watch/listen to twitch streams.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I go deep in a tournament I would never get bored. I would be over the moon with excitement ! I would be watching every player trying to figure out how to get one more player to fall out of the tournamnet so that I could move up another notch on the winnings parade.