Do You Consider Poker a Passion, Job or Hobby?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's best to have luck and skill,mixed with patience,selective aggressiveness,and intelligence.If it was easy,,,it would't be so much fun! :dancing2:

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill and a little luck, that's the key to success in poker. It seems to me that luck and skill in poker are interrelated.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
passion to play, also a hobby, and a opportunity to make a little more money,
is some part luck in Poker? Yes i think so, but it also has skill in it.
Just like you can have skill in blackjack. ;)

My thoughts on it.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
70% of luck and 30% of skill I guess..poker is a hobby for the majority )) but my best friend earns playing poker. nowaday his summary stack is 130 000$/ he asured me to play it))

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a passionate hobby that has allowed me to make a little extra money...

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby for sure. I am not that good.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I look on it from this side that it's my hobby with opportunity one day reach level where I can depend on it like my primary work.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a hobby for me. One day it might become more if I start to take it a little more serious. I need to quit playing trash hands and tighten up a bit. Then I think I will be able to play it for money more.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker as a mix

-Poker can be as a favorite passion, a promising occupation in terms of extracting material, or even emotional profits (when friends and family gather for the game) or a simple hobby when spending your free time. And, especially, it is attractive in poker that he can combine everything together at once.

and if you do not have the skill, then luck will not be able to constantly pull you by the ears from the initially lost banks. Early or late, and she will get tired and turn away from you:jd4::jd4::jd4:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me definitely poker is hobby - a good way to spend your free time and even win some money in some cases.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that I have answered several questions similar to this one here and in other forums.
Poker is really passionate but completely disagree that depends on luck, poker and a game of skill and study.
If it were just luck would not have felt all the dedication that is used in poker.
Luck can count but not in any way essential or indispensable

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker and hobbies and passion as well as the opportunity to win something, but if there is no patience and not a lot of luck, then you will hardly be able to achieve something in poker!

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A mixture of the 3, this game is fascinating.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a passion for me. Probably since I was a kid I started playing and competing with everyone. And I like to gamble

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is a hobby. But it's an addictive hobby.
Maybe someday it will become some opportunity, that would be very good for joining the useful to the pleasant.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a mixture of the 3. It is forever evolving with different stats, skills, and different strategies.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment is an opportunity for me to try to gain some money wile baby-seat my son, maibe in the future become a hobbit or a passion or even my job,how knows.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that mastery in the game is a very important advantage and in some moments and tournaments luck also plays a huge role in the game, playing poker is like a hobby, and I feel good when my hobby brings me a little extra profit in the game!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in poker a lot depends on luck, there are happy players, it is impossible to play against them, they win all the time.:mad:

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I appreciate the passion and poker as an opportunity not appreciate it as a hobby because ultimately as we are passionate about the game play for money.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's a hobby. I have seen that poker requires a lot of skill but it also requires luck.