WHEN you are with your girlfriend, at a time Hot, and the final time you say:
ALL -IN MADAFACA !!!!!!

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe when you start planning the next day depending on the tournaments starting hours. It gets even worse when you start to remember the tournament schedule of several poker rooms :D I don't have time for anything else..... LOL

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
When u do 30 posts a day on cardschat? Lol (me)

F

Fussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you want to skip work, and play poker instead ( done that :) )

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you want to skip work, and play poker instead ( done that :) )

I know a couple of guys who play for a living, and funnily enough, they skip work too ... :)

Reminds me of a saying: "The best way to make yourself hate your favorite hobby is to have to do it for a living"

I do my hobby for a living and can only sadly say there is truth in that saying.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are a poker addict if you can not think about anything other than poker.You refuse to go to the cinema with a girl, to play the plus session.You can not help the parents at home because you have an important game and you can not miss one more hand.Your dog is already thin from hunger and dirtied almost the entire apartment, but you do not before it the case, as you slow-play the nuts. :D

AlexandriaVP

AlexandriaVP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I think one of the signs of being an addict is being part of an offsite poker forum like cardschat :D
Thanks Cardschat for everything you do for us addicts

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You are a poker addict if you can not think about anything other than poker.You refuse to go to the cinema with a girl, to play the plus session.You can not help the parents at home because you have an important game and you can not miss one more hand.Your dog is already thin from hunger and dirtied almost the entire apartment, but you do not before it the case, as you slow-play the nuts. :D

you need to talk bro? Lol

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to talk bro? Lol

I'm all right, thank you:) .It's just a joke and I think these situations actually exist in some of the players.I do not think it's a disease, but as for me it's not normal:rolleyes:

P

PokerFlexed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say the first tell tale sign of being a poker addict is when you don't have the motivation to do anything else.

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you don't take showers because you don't want skip 5$ freeroll :p I will be taking this week a break because I need to do school work and prepare for exams :p

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't say for sure when "I" would call myself a 'poker addict'. I will try however to dig in the depths of despair and criticize anybody else for things they enjoy or life's shortcomings that had to do with no action of their own circumstances to make my own problems seems less inhibiting. For example, there are usually homeless people standing at the intersections off of the highway when I exit to go play at a favorite room. 'Those people' have all sorts of issues and I blow them up right there in the street after a bad session losing grocery money and or any funds my wife saved for the kids to do things as a family!

(thoughts while typing) "Wow, this is easy! So this is how my neighbor can justify the things he says to other neighbors about me playing poker??? How incredibly liberating to pawn off my own faults to others!?! He spends more than he can afford on hunting trips to give the 'feeding the family' excuse to our wives who know how much he spends when the kids go without..... Oops! I'm still new at CC and people may not understand my humor in this so I should include something of value too...."

Seriously though, have a throwback for entertainment if it does seem to take too much control in your life. My wife and I have GREAT communication about my playing including amounts both brick and online. We have mutual respect for each other and hold ourselves accountable for family affairs. I understand not everybody has the perfect wife. I am lucky! For those who get nothing but criticism, it is a battle that doesn't help your game if your around the negative jabs about your life. Not just poker either! If though, you are having to find more and more people are worried. Give them the respect of your conversations and open mind. They might just help that lump in your throat to disappear.

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't say for sure when "I" would call myself a 'poker addict'. I will try however to dig in the depths of despair and criticize anybody else for things they enjoy or life's shortcomings that had to do with no action of their own circumstances to make my own problems seems less inhibiting. For example, there are usually homeless people standing at the intersections off of the highway when I exit to go play at a favorite room. 'Those people' have all sorts of issues and I blow them up right there in the street after a bad session losing grocery money and or any funds my wife saved for the kids to do things as a family!

(thoughts while typing) "Wow, this is easy! So this is how my neighbor can justify the things he says to other neighbors about me playing poker??? How incredibly liberating to pawn off my own faults to others!?! He spends more than he can afford on hunting trips to give the 'feeding the family' excuse to our wives who know how much he spends when the kids go without..... Oops! I'm still new at CC and people may not understand my humor in this so I should include something of value too...."

Seriously though, have a throwback for entertainment if it does seem to take too much control in your life. My wife and I have GREAT communication about my playing including amounts both brick and online. We have mutual respect for each other and hold ourselves accountable for family affairs. I understand not everybody has the perfect wife. I am lucky! For those who get nothing but criticism, it is a battle that doesn't help your game if your around the negative jabs about your life. Not just poker either! If though, you are having to find more and more people are worried. Give them the respect of your conversations and open mind. They might just help that lump in your throat to disappear.

The length of your post basically confirms your addiction lol. Embrace it!

F

Fussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a couple of guys who play for a living, and funnily enough, they skip work too ... :)

Reminds me of a saying: "The best way to make yourself hate your favorite hobby is to have to do it for a living"

I do my hobby for a living and can only sadly say there is truth in that saying.
'I meant for these that actually have a job from 8 to 5.

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you only think poker hands every moment of your life,when in your dreams you see aces, kings and queens,ducks and jacks!!When your are counting how many big blinds you have in your wallet......

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The length of your post basically confirms your addiction lol. Embrace it!
limpnfold88

Just wait until I need to 'deny, deny. deny'! I can also find many people who are enablers or sympathetic well wishers for encouragement if family and friends don't work out :D

S

SenorMath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any addict always refuses that they are addicted in first place. The more you have to convince yourself that you are addicted, the more likely it is that you get addicted. But in my opinion you won't get addicted to poker that much when you play an intelligent game, if you are a pure gambler I might understand you get addicted. But if you stay rational during playing you can always find the stop button and leave the tables. Tilt works like addiction, because you feel obliged to win back the money you lost, but you are really addicted when you don't forget the shitty/tilty session of yesterday the first moment you get out of your bed

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth not know if I 'm addicted to poker or not ... I like to play it and enjoy it when I do, if possible high level so you learn to see with amateur players taking office , those that take you to make wrong decisions at times ends and despair , love poker and I love and hopefully not an addiction for anyone poker if it were a serious addiction something in excess and everything in excess is bad .

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One is addicted to poker when you can not stop playing a hand or toileting, or any conversation you have take you to talk about poker

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this one is interesting.. i can say that im poker addict when i have no time to my family and friends.. You eat late and not ontime or no time to eat.. Lack of sleep and rest.. speacially when you go out with your friends or family and your not interested about the topic.. maybe thats a sign .. and i think there are more signs to say your addicted to poker..