How do you concentrate when playing poker?

B

babymaily

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to rock music to concentrate on the poker tables:cool:, what do you do?:confused:

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think that every hand is important and an opportunity to win chips, your concentration will always be firm. Think about it.

T

TetraTap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the game so it's not a case of concentration for me most of the time as I enjoy watching hands play out

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The radio is constantly on, I can’t play normally online without it!

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 3 kids so whenever I can find any quiet I just play music.

SHIZIKK

SHIZIKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music, during breaks I do a warm-up to cheer up from sitting on a chair for a long time.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus

I listen to rock music to concentrate on the poker tables:cool:, what do you do?:confused:
I turn off everything and just focus on playing poker. I live alone so distractions are almost zero. Even with the best focus in the world you need to be lucky at times. It's all about catching cards at the right time time. GLTU.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I need a silence, that's it. Preferably alone in the room. Also to be fresh, not sleepy, not hungry or thirsty. But these are obvious common things.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order to fully concentrate on playing poker, I listen to different music. I tried playing in silence and tried watching a movie while playing, but I get the best results from playing when I listen to music. When I play freerolls, I can watch a movie while playing poker. Personally, music helps me to play online poker better, in live poker I like to play in silence, and to communicate with opponents who play with me at the same table.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to focus on how is playing..

People try to change his styles, but if im not paying attention, i listen to music also

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best mode of concentration is absolute silence, any noise will take me out of the axis from which I should not move away.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I chooze a good place to sit and play as comfortable as it is possible and I hear good quality music!

M

MattFalkirk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few good chill music streams that i put on in the background. I'm convinced the chilled out music helps me from tilting also haha

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think firstly we should have a good mood and feel very well. And having a cup of coffee, tee or listening some light music will help us pay attention on playing poker better.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think firstly we should have a good mood and feel very well. And having a cup of coffee, tee or listening some light music will help us pay attention on playing poker better.

Coffee does it for me too. Have you seem an improved performance when you have some caffeine in you?

When I haven't had my morning coffee, I start to lose focus on multiple tables :p In that sense, coffee can be a performance enhancing drug. Jokes aside, I've seen some pro-gamers use adderall to maintain their focus in big events. I wonder if any poker players do that too.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I tend to do better when I'm not so intensely focused on the game. When I focus on the game, I'm always looking for ways to angle or apply pressure or bluff, every pot I see go to someone, I think, that could have been mine!

When I pay less attention, I can stick to my game rules, which work, and I make the money. I usually scroll reddit, when I only have one table up. If I have 3 tables, going, there is enough distraction between jumping table to table, so I can not worry about anything else.

2 tables is tough.. I still look at reddit, but not as intensely.

So what do I do to focus? Try not to focus.

emanuelorteg

emanuelorteg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very bad at concentrating so I need a quiet space, or after a cup of coffee or tea, I can also relax listening to classical music or movie music ;)

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play in silence to pay attention to people. Just started really playing serious poker and up my game. When I am not in the hand I try to place ranges on people and see if I can spot mistakes.

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question :)

I have a few rules which seem to help

- Total silence
- Quiet time of day
- All day to day tasks on my mind need to be complete (out of the way)
- I have a job, so all work tasks need to be complete
- I won't play if I'm on tilt, in a bad mood, or have something getting me down

Whenever I compromise on any of these rules I find that I have a losing session :mad:

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me, too, seems when I'm distracted a bit from the table I better play) try to listen to music today during the game, look many this helps and this is already a trend).

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing poker I seem to be able to concentrate just fine without doing anything in particular. My house is very quiet to begin with.

I do find when I get quite deep in a tournament and I'm doing quite well, I need a distraction because then I overthink too much, so I open another micro table. This helps me, but it seems like a weird quirky thing to do.

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are interested in the game, you will have no problem. If your bored, time to give it a rest.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy the game and let yourself go, concentration comes by itself.