How do u notice Tells in online poker?

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the same action they do it again and again.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reaction times are the most obvious ones. you can always play against immediate donk bets. because if he really has a hand, he'll try to trap you and he must take time and think on what's the best way to play

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree with that. I always play immediately. I have been told a dozen times to slow down but my brain just automatically calculates the best play. As far as tells go, most everyone has them, but it takes a lot of observing to pick up on them. When you do make player notes so next time you have this info at beginning of game.

doctoboggan

doctoboggan

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that's how I feel. I just make all my decisions as quickly as possible and really don't spend much time thinking about it.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch their betting patterns

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I keep away from those with big chip stacks as avatars.

But seriously watch their bets and take note of hands they go to showdown with.

:top:

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Betting patterns and timing are the two biggest ones.

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks bro but this slow play guys they r crazy acting like they have none and just call n call and on the fifth Street they just go all in...and they won 😅

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
previously hand played and how played..
and betting style and confidance..

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 - Consistent betting patterns and betting amounts
2 - Length of time for player to act

Well, at least that's how I do it

Pretty much this :

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Absolutely. I'm always making notes on betting patterns. Do they c-bet no matter what? Are they prone to 3-bet? Do they check when they hit? Do they bet big on weak hands and bet small on strong hands, or visa versa?

Timing is easily faked so be careful on that.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best tell is one Doyle B. wrote about . Watch for players in the BB using the check fold option.It works.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lenght of time one has burned me a few times, sometimes the guy is just playing multiple tables.

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently noticed a player making the same move after the turn on nothing obvious building in the middle cards. One hand I had a couple of pairs and called it and won. More importantly saw the cards he/she was holding. Absolutely nothing from 7 cards. They kept doing it so I kept calling them with any pair till they stopped and stopped losing chips.

If you think "why have they done that" then pay attention for a while. It may be a regular bluff they are trying - or that they always hold back. It helps if someone else uses their chips to expose the cards :)

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, I don't think time taken to act is a good indicator. Someone may think I am having a difficult decision to make about my hand when in fact I am having a sip of my coffee and a bite of a biscuit.

Then there are bad connections that crop up a tad too often in some games.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beting patern -how he bet with strong hands end how is he bet with marginal hand..thats best tell in online poker

F

franbx3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i think one of the tells is the time they take to do a action.., betting patterns..

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How quickly makes a move the opponent. As he puts it. How fast checks.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It used to be timing. But after talking to a buddy who used to play online for his job he showed me how people exploit this tell (just as you might live) by checking as quickly as possible with a monster to throw people off. Yeah most people who insta check are selecting "check/fold" option before their turn but if they suddenly take longer on turn or river or play back at you, they were tricking you.

I try to avoid using the auto check/fold option so I can have full control of my timing.

Betting patterns can be a tell as well but it's tricky too. I saw a guy who bet like 8-10x every hand online preflop last night, a few of us cleaned him out eventually because it was blatantly obvious he was playing ATC. Lots of thinking players counter this by just varying their betting amounts sometimes. I also try to keep an eye on how someone responds to bets on say wet flush draw boards. If they seem to just be calling down and a flush misses, I'll bet about 1/2 pot on river and usually steal it. I used to just check it down if I wasn't sure where I was at only to have like a pair of 9s and get beat by someone who had like 107 suited and paired their 10. But with a missed flush board and higher cards on board you can usually rep a higher pair or 2p. But then again you'll know quickly if the player is a calling station if they call your semi-bluffs you can skip trying to steal pots off them as they can't find the fold button.

The chatbox is generally the BEST source of tells IMO. Especially detecting tilt. Sure some players will fake tilt in chat to throw you off but if they're interacting with you and debating you on a play, they're distracted and you can use that to your advantage.

TL;DR: IMO timing is easily exploitable, betting patterns is probably a good way to get some info, but chat box can be a treasure trove of tells.

K

kevinmarkus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was considering using a tracker. Are those third-party trackers permitted on ACR? And if they are legal, do you guys have any recommendations for cool, affordable or free programs?

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah on-line players give off tendencies through their betting patterns.
Taking notes is about the best way to get the most out of it.

Poker Tells