How to combine your day to day with poker

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm not a pro player, I only play once or twice a week, but I would like to do it daily. What advice would you give to a freelance software developer who lives with his wife and has the nights off ?.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being freelancer gives you opportunity to better regulate your time. When you have some free time and you have done your other duties just login and start playing. Good thing about the online poker is that there is always a game waiting for you to join.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The whole point is not to stay at poker every night and she will wait for you in bed! Then there are the problems and the accusations that the game is more important than it! :)

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to manage your time around a tournament you want to play. It sounds like you can manage your worktime yourself, although I'm not too familiar with your profession. Hoping to get back into poker myself after a little break. Feel like CC games are definitely the way to go :)

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tou should communicate with your wife before playing it daily. Your wife needs you as you needs poker. But your wife id human and poker just poker.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play whatever amount you feel comfortable with when you have the time. If you feel like it's cutting into family time then it probably is.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker on weekdays and weekends. On weekdays, I usually play 3-4 hours a day. On weekends I play 5-8 hours a day. For me, this is the best option.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm not a pro player, I only play once or twice a week, but I would like to do it daily. What advice would you give to a freelance software developer who lives with his wife and has the nights off ?.
Develop a software that helps you manage your time to play Poker and take care of your family or wife and that she helps you or agrees with you.:ciao:

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For those who have little free time, the best option I believe are short games.
There are those who like turbo and hyperturbo tournaments. However, my recommendation is to play regular sit and go with a maximum of 90 players.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only you know how much time you can spend on Poker without disturbing your wife.
So a tip try to take the poker without disturbing your wife and the problems begin in the couple.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should have a plan and control how much time to spend on specific activities. In that way, you will find free time to play poker. Although I feel you do not have enough time to play tournaments, it requires a lot of time. Cash game or Sit and Go is a good choice here. You should play during the day instead of playing at night. At night, it's time to relax after doing many activities.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash tables and Sit and Gos. You can play for as little as half an hour or less whenever you feel like it. Want to skip a day because you're taking your wife out just skip a day. You have the most freedom playing cash tables and Sit and Gos require minimal commitment. You can play them whenever you want.

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting, I liked this advice I come to snoop whenever I can very organized you as to the serious game I need good advice I am prioritizing poker and family time and Poker are great combinations for life, but the balance this I am looking for too !!

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but in my humble opinion no one can do that for you. You have to try to conciliate your work, family, poker, etc... and only you can know how to organize your days with all this, and surely more. The advice given to you here can help a little but cannot replace your judgment, we are all different in our professional and family circles. So... good luck with your new schedule. ;)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I just play when I have free time. I work as a driver and usually on weekdays I do not always have the opportunity to play poker. But on weekends I usually always have time in the evenings.
Good luck.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to find a compromise with your wife. Tell her that after the first big win you will buy something for her.))

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can only figure out this problem yourself. Get your wife interested in your game.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only figure out this problem yourself. Get your wife interested in your game.

I taught her, but by the moment she's still not interested, or at least not as much as I am.

You need to find a compromise with your wife. Tell her that after the first big win you will buy something for her.))

I think this is the best advice. She doesn't dislike me playing, but you're right, maybe if I tell her that I'll buy her something nice, she may like the idea that I play more. :D

Sorry, but in my humble opinion no one can do that for you. You have to try to conciliate your work, family, poker, etc... and only you can know how to organize your days with all this, and surely more. The advice given to you here can help a little but cannot replace your judgment, we are all different in our professional and family circles. So... good luck with your new schedule. ;)

Of course, that is precisely why I like this forum, because I can get the best out of every tip. In the end I know I have to solve it myself, but it helps a lot to have all this feedback.

I think you should have a plan and control how much time to spend on specific activities. In that way, you will find free time to play poker. Although I feel you do not have enough time to play tournaments, it requires a lot of time. Cash game or Sit and Go is a good choice here. You should play during the day instead of playing at night. At night, it's time to relax after doing many activities.

I would really like to play during the day, because poker distracts me a lot, but I can't do it because of work (and right now in the middle of this pandemic there is much more). Sit & Go can be a good option. Thanks

Develop a software that helps you manage your time to play Poker and take care of your family or wife and that she helps you or agrees with you.:ciao:

LOL Whoever develops it becomes rich. (not rich but super rich)

Last edited by a moderator:
YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is not too hard to combine your day with poker when all your days are free

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Don't make a rule that you have to play everyday. Especially if you are not a pro then I think it makes sense to have other priorities like family and friends. Maybe if you want play almost everyday but be willing to take days off for other priorities.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get fluent in playing on your cellphone while watching TV with your wife so you can pay attention on both :)