How big is your screen when you multi-tabling?

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am now using a 24 inch screen to play poker.And I am tring multi-tabling.I found that the most table I can play is 6 table.If I try more,the tables are very small to me.And these words are too small to read.So how big is your screen when you multi-tabling?Or do you use more than one screen?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am now using a 24 inch screen to play poker.And I am tring multi-tabling.I found that the most table I can play is 6 table.If I try more,the tables are very small to me.And these words are too small to read.So how big is your screen when you multi-tabling?Or do you use more than one screen?

What do you mean the words are too small to read? Do you mean on your HUD, as not sure what other words there are to read unless talking pot size and the bet amounts etc.

I have run up to 12 tables on a laptop, believe its 17inch, granted this was with overlap and stacking. but I can run 6 easily in tile and even 8 with overlay but able to keep an eye on most action if I wanted to. Depending on the # of tables your looking to run lots of people may run two monitors or stack their windows. I'd think 12 tables should run tile on a 24 inch monitor fairly easily (granted maybe a bit small as you indicate).

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not sure what size my main monitor is, but its 24 inch at absolute maximum. i can tile 16 tables on it without overlap, but usually keep it at 12. and my other monitor comfortably fits 9, but unless im mass multitabling microstakes, i use it for 2 additional tables on half the screen, and keep the lobby open on the other half.

R

RNG

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My laptop monitor is like 16 inches and thats what i use the most. I usually play a max of 4 tables.

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main monitor is only 18 inch which is not ideal at all for multi-tabling. The individual tables become watch to hard to see (cards, bets, etc.). I recently purchased an external monitor (~23 inch) this was i can have the lobby open on my main and have tables running on the external, similar to JCgrind. However as a tournament player, once i get registered to the tournaments i want to play, i can close the lobby and move some tables over to the main monitor. Usually able to play 12 on the external and an additional 4 on the main. Not too shabby

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only 18,5 inches screen :) I cant get more than 6 tables on it, but I usually play only on 4 tables at once so I dont complain :)

R

RaisingYa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use two 24 inch screens. I can fit well over 12 games but generally am not going to play that many. Generally 8 is the max I will go for.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have three 24" monitors at 1920x1200 resolution each.

It's the resolution that matters, not the physical size.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play 4 tables at once so my 21" laptop screen works just fine. Will love a sick setup though, just don't have the space on my desk.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 4 tournaments at once... you can always adjust their resolution... I dont see big problem there... I saw pro's multitabling 8 and more tournaments but they have multiple screens ... :)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BTW there are many ways to multitable without extravagant monitor setups. By stacking and using table management software you can play theoretically unlimited tables on a low resolution laptop display and nothing else.

Even without full stacking, you can still increase your table capacity on limited desktop space by combining stacking, tiling, and/or overlapping tiles. Again, using table management software is a tremendous help with doing this.

I personally don't like stacking, preferring instead to tile. I like to be able to see at a glance what's going on at every table at once, and when multiple tables require my action at the same time it's a lot easier when tiling. I can tile 9 per monitor but prefer 6 per for comfort. At my peak, multitabling cash on FT before a -30BI swing made me take a hiatus, I was playing 12-16 tables this way using 2 of 3 monitors. BTW my triple monitor setup was not done for poker, but for my job and other computer-related hobbies. But it certainly does come in handy for poker. These days I seldom play more than 8-9 tables, and usually 6 or 7. Largely because I couldn't play more if I wanted to given US player liquidity (unless I played across multiple networks) and the types of games I play now.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on a 13inch laptop <-- lol.

4 tables is the max I can tile, mostly I play 6 and tile with slight overlap (2 non-linear columns of three) and when I play 12 tables I stack.

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 22" monitor and I can only cope comfortably with 4 tables tiled. This is partly due to the size and partly to being able to cope with the action in a considered way.

I have tried to tile and stack with more but was not comfortable doing so. Who knows, maybe with practice I could get better with more tables.

I do have some reservations about players who claim to play enormous numbers in that I feel that they must be playing in a formulaic way rather than giving each situation due consideration.

Perhaps one or two that do play a lot of tables could expand on how they cope with the sheer amount and speed of the action.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a 19" monitor and can play up to 12 tables at a time. I dont like tiling them, always stack them, find it a lot easier that way.
I used to use a 17" monitor and could still play 12 tables. I know a bigger monitor is always preferable but I dont really see it limits the amount of tables you can play. Well it doesnt for me.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 17 inch screen fits my 8 tables fine, cant play when i stack the tables. tiling is my preferred choice

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps one or two that do play a lot of tables could expand on how they cope with the sheer amount and speed of the action.
Search the forums, there are a number of detailed discussions on this.

Nutshell: Like anything else, proficiency comes through practice. I can no more play a single table and maintain my sanity (unless it's maybe a league game where I'm socializing during) than you can play 36.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am multi-tabling sometimes only on my tablet, so I just switch tables, so resolution doesn't matter :)

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a 17 inch screen which is comfotable with 6 tables. That is the most I feel I can play at anyone time anyway so no need for me to invest in anything bigger or better than than.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, a lot of people throwing out physical screen sizes instead of resolution. Resolution is what matters. Ignoring older generation low resolution/low DPI displays and focusing just on what you can buy today, you can have a 15" display anywhere from 1366x768 to 2880x1800 resolution, or a 17" display from 1600x900 to 1920x1200, or a 32" display at as little as 1280x720. Physical size has little to do with how many tables you can fit, other than it may be harder to read for those with poor eyesight.

a true nit

a true nit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play on a 17' and multi table 6-9 at a time..i dont feel its necessary to see any words from dealer or players just bet sizes and pot sizes..gl 2u

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, a lot of people throwing out physical screen sizes instead of resolution. Resolution is what matters. Ignoring older generation low resolution/low DPI displays and focusing just on what you can buy today, you can have a 15" display anywhere from 1366x768 to 2880x1800 resolution, or a 17" display from 1600x900 to 1920x1200, or a 32" display at as little as 1280x720. Physical size has little to do with how many tables you can fit, other than it may be harder to read for those with poor eyesight.
^^ This guys/gals.
Mine is set to 1920x1200, it makes it easy to do a lot at once, on one screen.

R

realozi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
24' is large and adequate .i can tile 14 tables on it without overlap.:dancing:

A

AcesUp747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 30" Dell with a 20" inverted Dell on both sides.

So basically like 4.5 feet :)

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I overlap them and thats it. But 4 tournements is more than enough!

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just 16 inch laptop..... I saw some guys using 2 screens for play more than 6 tables