Estrategy or good luck?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to practice and constantly play poker. If you want to become a better player, then you need to play with players who play better than you. Learn from the masters.

Dora

Dora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I knew how to be the best at poker, then I wouldn't be working and playing freerolls.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
You have to feel the game, and what is the best - to rule it out :top:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is no feel, like some say here.
There is study, study and study again.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is something any donk can have. To have an edge in poker, you have to count more on skills rather than luck.

I believe the best poker player is someone who base his game on reading opponents, adapting his playing style and exploit them. Also knowing their math, he must know when its best to call, when to bet, how much to bet and when to fold.

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn a lot do what others don't do and always improve your game.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
studying, and evolving in the game. Luck is not a factor X

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to have a well balanced game. You need to observe your table and it's players. Make adjustments as you play so you have an edge.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you have to be rich, or you cannot play with the big boys.
So you need a strategy to get rich! Godd Luck!:driver:

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to be successful at poker you should look into a coach/mentor.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to always have a good strategy

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It is important to learn and play poker every day.
It must be remembered that every success is a daily hard work.
Patience and discipline will allow you to become a successful player.
Good luck.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience, strategy, patience and then luck...

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's keep in mind there is a reason probability and statistics is taught in many classes in mathematics departments in higher education.

Doyle Brunson said 'play the person, not the cards'

But I think in order to play the person? You actually need to bring in yet even MORE statistics... The probability if they have a tell in a live game, the probability they are playing with an observed pattern.

Take me, I so often limp my way to 4th street before I decide I want to go big.

Now, I also make it to final table a LOT, I never feel I have to win it all - in one hand.

I'm content with consistent slow steady gains. I can't win every hand.

In fact, the more players? The more I have to accept I'll not be in a good many hands.

Then again, I so often will follow far more hands early in a tournament, the blinds being so cheap.

By limping, and playing like a nit, by mid tournament I have earned a reputation as a nit, and eventually, a pot comes my way that I let someone else build up? and I am all set to go, and go figure, when I do bet far more than I normally do? 95% of the table just folds folds folds folds- and you just know they are ALL saying 'Oh god, the nit has something - I'm folding' and go figure- that is my earned golden bluff.

And that leads me into my the finality of my rant.

One benefit of unemployment is the time you have to watch 12 hours of pros on youtube - 30 days +... And the ONE thing I have learned from watching pro cash games and tournaments?

Is the mastery of the bluff. It is ONLY through some MODERATE bluffing, you gain by analogy to the house edge ? 'the game edge'.

You HAVE to go after bluffs, and my favorite way is to play limping first half the tournament - EARN that title of NIT - TIGHT NIT.

All I know is, I reach final table a LOT and I only get there by patience, playing the rodeo clown here and there, playing the nit, and no kidding, near reaching final table? that's when MOST people START to play like a nit, and THAT is when I loosen up. A bluff near END game is HUUUUUUUGE - just ONE hand end game is 30x more chips than you'd ever bet in the first half of the tournament.

I best not prattle on - those are my two cents.

I

IgorSova

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of experience, strategy and a little luck

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strategy, but good luck definitely supplements my talent LOL

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying away from the table is a sure way to improve. This includes watching hand analysis, game theory, reading books and articles on poker. This will give you an idea of what kind of game works for you. Always analyzing hands you've played to find mistakes you've made and holes in your game. There's no silver to be one of the greatest player. Many hours of play time and implementing the techniques you've learned will get you to elite status.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play as much as is possible. Its like a 15-handicap golfer who is shocked that he can't get much better than he already is and then you find out that he only plays 3 times a month and hits the range a few times a year.

Playing more often allows you to become more comfortable with different opponents styles of play, variance, etc., and to develop a style of play that you are most comfortable with.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
First of all you need to clearly understand your goal.
Secondly, you need to write a clear plan to achieve your goal.
Thirdly, you need to carry out your plan every day, and move step by step to achieve your goal.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to have both, but the main thing is to study.

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<div class="tw-ta-container tw-nfl" id="tw-target-text-container" style="position: relative; padding-top: 20px; color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0px;">Read books from experienced poker players to learn about some tips and tactics. Play and once again play, experience is an important part of the game of poker

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Estrategy or good luck?

To become the best poker player you need to own all the elements of the game better than the other players own them. In the current situation at the current time - it's almost impossible. My advice to you is not living a dream - spend a lot of energy, nerves and time. Try to play in pleasure and develop, and then time will tell. Strategy is only a small part, luck is changeable, and the psychology of poker should be very developed - remember this.