R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have been thinking about the concept of aggressiveness in poker and how aggressive it is to play. If anyone can contribute by talking about this topic in this topic, feel free to do so, it was created for this.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more hands and raise more pots. The key is to pick your spots by watching how the rest of the table is playing and key on players who you can bully or are capable of folding. Don't try to get into slugfest with another player who is stubborn like a donkey and will call just to call you. Overall, you want to be the one putting your opponents to tough decisions; not the other way around. Look for situations where it would make sense for you to have a hand when you really may have absolutely nothing or something else.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being aggressive avoids many problems, makes decisions easier and increases the number of ways you can win a hand. Think of the best players in the world and everyone has one thing in common: when they enter the pot they are 100% determined to bet, raise and check-raise to win that hand.
Whether they play a wide variety of hands or more closed games, the best professional players play aggressively most of the time. Aggressiveness also makes it harder to read the strength of your hand.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being aggressive in poker can be good, but not for me. I try to maneuver in the course of the game. It all depends on what card I have and what lies on the table. When there is no good card on hand, no aggression will help. You just lose the stack.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being aggressive in poker can be good, but not for me. I try to maneuver in the course of the game. It all depends on what card I have and what lies on the table. When there is no good card on hand, no aggression will help. You just lose the stack.
great advice ... it seems to me that the style of the game is determined by the character of the person. someone is more comfortable playing aggressively, and someone likes a tight game. and this is a plus. when you play not in your game it's very difficult. in any case not including the brain does not achieve success. Sorry for my English)))

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.Usually, I play as I like, so in my opinion the most important thing is to always be yourself.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive style brings more money, but many use it ineptly and become predictable, and therefore minus players. I do not know how to play aggressively and I can not advise anything.

C

Cnicarry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What you want is to be habe well timed aggression and the ability to be aggressive yet know when you're beat when facing huge resistance of someone playing back at you...There are some that can play back at you with air but most have a good hand when they come back over the top...So I think the key is well timed aggression and always raise when coming into a pot and know what sizing works based on table. .

yosjenis55

yosjenis55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon friends ... the tournaments have several facets and know how to handle them is essential to reach final instances, the aggressiveness is handled according to how we are at the table .. if we are leaders we must always be the aggressors, have control of the table. . regards

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what my card is and then I decide how I play aggressively, it all depends on many factors, but I agree. When there is no good card on hand, no aggression will help. You just lose the stack.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that an aggressive game is good for fast tournaments. But I usually prefer slower tournaments. In my opinion, patience is a more important skill than aggression.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ability to play aggressively – important quality, especially if it concerns a game in online poker. Aggression is a contrast of passivity. Aggressive the style of play assumes that instead of constant checks and stakes, you, will do more often rates or reyza. In comparison with a passive game, aggression gives more opportunities.

E

ElRosado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read the table

I always try to set the aggressiveness at the table. But you have to be at a table at least 20 mins to get the read. But I like to always take advantage of those who are over aggressive.

C

CGGold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
aggressive game

I think that being aggressive goes hand in hand with making continuity bets, once you decide to enter a hand being aggressive you must be convinced to reach the river, otherwise it is preferable not to play that hand from the beginning, obviously the flop will determine whether or not to continue playing that hand.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key moment here is to be aggressive against the right players, because if you will be aggressive against very good players, you will just loose. You always can find the players on the table, who plays only good hands, so, of course, this is OK to be aggressive against them and raise them often to steal the blinds and so on.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to be aggressive in poker, first of all the player needs to have great knowledge and skills in poker but always remember, the game is subject to variations of luck or bad luck, that is to say you may be surprised by a bad beat.
To be aggressive having experience in poker the recipe is simple:

In a favorable position to call 3 bet on an opponent who was in a less favored position on the tables;

Go all in BB or Smal B, when the opponent asks for 3 bet or higher;

Always bluff when there is you and another opponent at the tables, in which case the bluff should be strong enough to make your opponent drop his hand.

These are the ways of approaching the tables.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must play a lot of hands.Find a table with the small average bank or people who often fold.Raise pre-flop,bet and postflop.Also You must change druing the game ur style,because very fast ur opponents will understand,that u often havent good hand.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more pre,cbet,double barrel and checkraise more postflop rather than limp,call raises, check call and check fold.Bet whenever you pick up more equity on next street.If you are not sure whether to check or bet on a street ,fire a small bet.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive play can help you win and lose. You need to pay attention and learn when to be aggressive and to which player you can push around sometimes. Being aggressive to much and to often will get you in trouble most of the time. Pick your spots and reap the rewards.

J

j t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d say judge by where the big blind is, who’s betting, and the strength of your hand at fist look. That’s how I judge my aggression on each hand.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How to be aggressive in poker, first of all the player needs to have great knowledge and skills in poker but always remember, the game is subject to variations of luck or bad luck, that is to say you may be surprised by a bad beat.
To be aggressive having experience in poker the recipe is simple:

In a favorable position to call 3 bet on an opponent who was in a less favored position on the tables;

Go all in BB or Smal B, when the opponent asks for 3 bet or higher;

Always bluff when there is you and another opponent at the tables, in which case the bluff should be strong enough to make your opponent drop his hand.

These are the ways of approaching the tables.
You've simplified it a lot, but I think there are other times where aggressiveness can be demonstrated. Even UTG and even with very bad hands, depending on the dynamics of the table, can cause a difficult situation for the opponents.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agressive x pot control

I think it has to play is beating a path or position should always be the aggressor also notice if your hand has improved or the villain yet pot control should be taken into consideration because the stack is what keeps us in the tournament
:jd4:mateuspoker

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I like to do, especially when I miss the board is think to myself a few things:

- Is my hand ahead of my opponent?
- Can my hand improve to the likely winner on the turn/river?
- Has my opponent checked into me, possibly indicating he missed the board?

If the answer is yes to ANY of these, then a c-bet is warranted. It puts pressure on your opponent to continue if they havent hit and the hand could end by a fold.

Just because you miss the board doesnt mean your behind. You dont need to get super agressive in these spots. 2/3 pot size should be enough most of the time, and if he comes over the top.. so be it, Fold and find a new spot.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise for value , raise for bluff, always raise :D . If I am upset I do not play because it only brings losses. First, you need to unload stress and then sit down to play. Good luck :)

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been thinking about the concept of aggressiveness in poker and how aggressive it is to play. If anyone can contribute by talking about this topic in this topic, feel free to do so, it was created for this.
Being aggressive at poker tables means to raise or re raise even when you have a weak hand that way you may win the pot( making the opponent to fold or making him believe you have a strong hand). Anyway you have to be carefully when and against who you play like this because the situation can very easily turn against you:D:damnmate:.