How to Avoid Poker Bots?

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can somebody tell anyone heard of bots in the poker room and how to avoid them?

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They dont exist. 'Bots' are one of the excuses losing players have to try and justify the fact they dont win. They are the second most common excuse behind rigtard.

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i don't think they are very prevalent in many rooms as the security has gotten a ton better now.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can flag them up to the admin and they will investigate. i'm not sure they are too keen to boot these bots tho as they contribute massive rake for the Poker Room concerned.

The good and bad things about bots are that they are very mathematical and predictable and to my knowledge, terrible at bluffing !!

I'm not a fan of poker bots but you can easily exploit their weakness... They can't read bluffs very well :)

I have only ever found one who I flagged to admin... after a few weeks the player stopped all activity on the site then moved to another :)

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why I didn't win the Mill last week.week. Damm Bots , I knew it wasn't my be a nit then shove strategy.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a question that I don't know how to answer. Did they really exist?
Actually we can find corruption everywhere, even more where the money is present.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

if they exist ... should be in their favor ... I see always winning .

Cleber Wagner ( cwdignus )

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i think they have bots in their favour... others i think i'm just tilt and some russian guy is just way lucky hahah

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yeah, I've heard of them, but don't worry about it. Get rich quick artists advertise these things and it's always a scam. These days, on-line poker sites are pretty good at spotting them. Still, they were never really any good in the first place. They're like prop players in a live poker room and play a very predictable, unimaginative game. (Prop players have to: they're always playing in the worst games otherwise their services wouldn't be needed.)

The soft of almost all these bots is really very basic. Maybe they can beat fish, but that's about it. They couldn't sell the soft that could really destroy the games for what they're asking.

The best thing about bots is they give fish an excuse to keep comin' back to lose more. I lost to a bot, I lost because the site's rigged and was pickin' on me -- anything bit admit that I suck at Poker. ;)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful says they are still bots around and they are still welcomed by sum sites like Full Tilt and BET on LINE just to name a few... Why is that?:eek:

D

DaShizNit1133

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's an App for that...lol...people will create anything to gain an edge.

NumberOneRhino

NumberOneRhino

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I heard about them and went looking and found some. Just out of curiosity I downloaded and played one. They do work however they play straight up poker unless you re configure them. All in all I would not worry about it because the human factor will always come out on top when your playing your best all the time.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I heard about them and went looking and found some. Just out of curiosity I downloaded and played one. They do work however they play straight up poker unless you re configure them. All in all I would not worry about it because the human factor will always come out on top when your playing your best all the time.

My sentiments exactly...

In Chess... Computer programs crush the best human players now... Kasparov seen it coming when Deep Blue beat him and he knew computers would dominate and spoil the game so he retired...

In Poker... You just can't program them to play creatively and program in that 'human factor' Poker is not 100% Maths, and this is why the best Poker players are still Humans. They do play very precise, but also very predictable.

My Hand History against a suspected BOT showed I won far more chips off him than he did off me, Purely because he was so easy to read and bluff out of his blinds...

It's interesting to read some people doubt they exist at all... I am pretty sure they do... but I think they are not much better than break even players and If spotted by strong players can actually become a bit of a target themselves...

B

babaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That myth has been around for years.....One player goes into a table and gets taken for lots of $$$ and creates a fantasy that the other five players were bots....

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont see them as much as before, so hopefully they are going the away of the dinasuar

Elmanchy

Elmanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theme of bots in the poker room is not relevant!
You will never get the answer to this question!

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I what I think there are no bots, hair less not where I play ... however , paragraph avoid - them 's only make games more refined , maybe that the alarmed haha

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've always suspected that sites use bots to fill some tables.

NumberOneRhino

NumberOneRhino

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if they did they're easy to spot.

bsam

bsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know for sure but I have been beaten by some pretty shady hands. They had no business being in the pot with the bet put out preflop. They are a big question also to me.