Hold'em or Omaha?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plOwned

PLO is a wicked game. Nut hands go way up in value. Small pocket sets go down in value.Dummy straights go down in value.Double flush hands go way up in value. Free cards are insane to give out that includes calling (when you call you give out a free card.Money past the line is considered a part of the pot not the players.:evil:)

PLO has much higher variance. Depending on how well your hand combos you could have 6 hands. You need to raise to knockout people preflop but not so much that when the flop misses you have to bluff off your stack.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
PLO can be extremely swingy and have large swings in either direction. prefer nlhe, but plo is fun to play sometimes as well.

H

Hideo_gd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the two are fun ... in omaha there are less fish

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. I like more Texas Hold'em. my opinion is the best kind in the world of poker

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Hold'em better. Omaha is fun, but there are even more possible outcomes, which leads to more brain thinking.

B

bmctkc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i fell in love with omaha the first time i played it. was lucky enough to run a $50 deposit up to $1500 in one crazy 3 hour session of .50/1.00 PLO on ACR. of course i played horrible and majority was given back BC i was gambling when i won it and continued to gamble the winnings instead of make sound choices. oddly enough i do better on NLH MTT's than i do at the PLO cash games.
that being said. PLO is my loe and my vice. i win in the MTT's and give back via omaha cash games...smh:rolleyes:

bolsoman

bolsoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO cash has way more terrible players at the micros than NLHE, and your winrate can be higher. It is also less boring, you can play a much wider range of hands, or at least I do.
For tournaments it's closer, as mtt basic strategy is pretty much the same for both.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like holdem better but I think there's more money to be made playing Omaha, recreational players looking to gamble will find it more entertaining. But you also need a strong mindset to be good at it, as there's a lot of variance involved

S

Sanya7713

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em, of course. Although Omaha is also an interesting format, but is in second place.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLHold'em ... i don't like Omaha

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play omaha only when i'm tired of hold'em.

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried omaha yesterday for the first time. It was ok. Fist, we played holdem and after we got bored a little we switched to omaha. Nice games, i like them both but still holdem is a favorite

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only played omaha with playmoney and its very fun game..i never played real money mtt or cash game omaha(i only played twice 1$ spin) becouse im still fish to this game and there is a lot of coinflip flops so i think it takes a lot of skill to play real money omaha and i dont have so big bankroll to spend money on that...stil i find omaha realy fun to play so definitely i will try omaha mtt one day

V

vassourilson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done an online course in order to understand the differences but it really just seems like a Hold'em worse for me.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only in Holdem now
So far, I'm learning to play Hold'em

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha pot limit makes me so excited [emoji4] Yeah I know it's much more lucky style poker but still much more interesting then holdEm

D

denis77782m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like no limit holdem more. In Omaha, I do not understand much.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is simple, I like.

L

lastpostal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like holdem. I think holdem is a game of more skills then omaha.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will speak for myself. So far, I'm not ready to learn more than Omaha. I think this is a completely different game, and I have not learned to play well in Hold'em