Originally Posted by tigertight
hello i have a few questions about hit and runs and about them
1. are they avoided players - How can anyone avoid a hit and run player unless someone has a note on the specific player. But they are not well liked IMO.
2. is this considered not playing correct - Yes IMO, Hit and run players are really not playing poker, they are just gambling.
3. what percent of your bank roll should be used when doing hit and runs - As it was mentioned before, only about 5%.
4. is this good when you are playing micro limits such as 0.5/0.10 - Doesn't really matter, all depends on how skilled of a poker player you are.
5. when you hit and run is it heads up or against many players - I don't hit and run but I would say it would be more profitable against many players.
thank you for all your feed back.
I would like to ask, Why would you hit and run?
The following may sound harsh but its how I feel.
If the answer to my question is "To make money", I would have to say BS, you could make more money playing MTTs unless your lacking the vital poker skills needed to be a winning poker player: Disipline and patience(IMO).
I personally look down on hit and run players, and when I do meet one at a table, I follow that player around and try to bust him before he moves on, and the sweetest thing about hit and run players is most do not pay attention to other player names, so it makes it real easy to bust them with a good hand because they don't have a read on me.
Sorry, that's what I think.