Thanks Four Dogs, You answers w.r.t VPIP and Aggression have helped a lot and its appreciated. These stats, when looking at other players are only as good as the knowledge you can obtain from them.
You are right that I hardly ever limp, example = in late position in a multiway pot with small PP's, with high implied odds
. ( lots of big stacks).
You asked about SC's and how I play them in a multiway pot.
Please note that I am only playing Short Handed = maximum number of players is 6 people. Well as with almost almost every poker question, it depends. That said thats a rubbish answer - so....
If I am the first person to enter a pot voluntarily then I will raise with 34s,56s,67s, 78s, 89s, 910s, 10js, jqs, qks, aks, 9js, 10qs, jks, any Axs. If this turns into a multiway pot then and I will assess depending on the flop.
- I may CB if I have hit or partially hit. I then re-asses the situation depending upon players, bet sizes, betting patterns, the turn/river cards etc. In short I will try and win it here and/or minimise pot if resistence occurs.
- If I hit big time I may CB (as I need my bluffs to look the same as when I hit), small bet (to induce raise) or C/R. A lot will do with my table image at that particular time and my participation in the previous 10 or so hands.
- If I miss then a lot will depend upon the flop texture and the players in the pot. I might take a stab, I might not.
- If I am acting later in the sequence to an already Multiway pot full of limpers I will raise circa 3xBB + 1BB for each Limper with 910s or above. Probably call with SC's below.
- If I am acting later in the sequence to an already raised multiway pot I will normally fold unless very high Implied odds and say 10js.
In short If I do not have top pair or better I will drop to resistence after the flop bet. I will try to minimise the pot at one pair or below and try to maximise at 2 pair or above (in general terms). This is Key to me.
I am not saying that this is good advice - just what I do in general terms. I recognise that some of this might be a leak - but a lot depends on the actual situation. I may stray from this depending upon the table/player dynamics.
So has anyone got advice to what I should think about with considering
- Goes to Showdown %
- Showdowns won %
Help is appreciated.