Health Player

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game that requires a lot of concentration, because in poker we deal with situations of joy and stress.
The health of the player is the most important thing to play poker, the player as a player by himself should seek to develop game standards so as not to enter into a state of stress as a result of the game, for this I recommend between one and two hours of daily game in cash gamer and if you are going to participate in a tournament, the best is just one a day.
In the moment of joy we are induced to continue in the game due to the good times but things can get worse so we ended up playing for many hours and losing the quality of the game.
In critical situations, we also play a lot, but under these conditions we seek to recoup what we have lost and this can bring greater losses.
The important thing is to limit your poker hours to preserve your mental health and get high profits and small losses.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that mental health is important but play only one tournament a day of repeaters if you win the first one you play and if you are playing micros you will never do a bench I think sometimes you take breaks to have the mental stability you are talking about I differ from your personal opinion luck at the tables and greetings:icon_bigs

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tiredness greatly harms the game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally poker player needs to find his right measure. This means he must check how much can he play, and how much hour of game, can have the desired results for him . He needs the right measure because it is not the same for everyone!

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to establish a daily routine if you want to be a poker winner.
You need to establish periods of physical and mental exercises, hours of play and hours with family / leisure. You also need to constantly study, review your tournament play.
This will make you a profitable player.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the overall health of poker player is very important but playing just one tournament a day seems extremely low to me. I think it really should be decided by each individual what their routine should be since everyone is different. Sleep is extremely important. I think getting at least 8 hours a day is a good idea. Also understanding when your getting burned out is important. I think everyone feels this from time to time and you have to know when to take a break from poker before you get sloppy with your play and do damage to your bankroll.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game that requires a lot of concentration, because in poker we deal with situations of joy and stress.
The health of the player is the most important thing to play poker, the player as a player by himself should seek to develop game standards so as not to enter into a state of stress as a result of the game, for this I recommend between one and two hours of daily game in cash gamer and if you are going to participate in a tournament, the best is just one a day.
In the moment of joy we are induced to continue in the game due to the good times but things can get worse so we ended up playing for many hours and losing the quality of the game.
In critical situations, we also play a lot, but under these conditions we seek to recoup what we have lost and this can bring greater losses.
The important thing is to limit your poker hours to preserve your mental health and get high profits and small losses.

Absolutely, Mental and physical health is an essential part of the game. Having a good balance of "Life" and poker will not only keep you clear minded, but offer the mental stability to endure tough sessions. There are times when you will be burnt out and not making the best decisions this is a good time to recognize the balance in your life, is off somewhere. A lot of the above mentioned advice is good, as far as the 8 hours of sleep per day, Including physical and mental exercise. I would also include pre-game routines which could encompass all of these into one such as my daily routine.

1. Good nights sleep
2. 30 min of exercise
3. light meal 1-2 hours before tournament begins
4. Solve a mental puzzle. (Something to get my mind moving)
5. Have a coffee
6. Make sure I'm logistically ready to play, overall make sure I'm in the zone.

Also lately thanks to CardsChat I have also started using meditation as part of my routine. Generally Mantra Meditation.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker sharpens my mental acuity. It also makes me realize odds. Not just in poker but in happenings of daily life. I'm always saying to myself "What are the odds?"

There is a zone you can be in too when you just know that you know something. I think this is the best time to play poker.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in a big tournament, after a tournament I take a break in the game to calm the nervous system, and if I play in small tournaments that take half an hour or an hour, then I play them often and almost every day and for me it's ok, but I agree with you that it's better to limit the poker hours to keep your mental health and get high profits and small losses.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. Health and well-being plays a big role in the game. Do not sit at a table when you feel unwell.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I totally agree with you.
I swim three times a week and in my opinion sport has a very good effect on my game. In fact, I became more focused and patient.
Good luck.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are building a broad consensus with the experience of various poker players. I believe that in the future this post will help beginners in poker.
I have read your posts and found them all very interesting regarding the health of the poker player, the descando will become a powerful tool to win at the tables.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed, each player has a period of time when he can show a good game. But when you play longer, the results get worse. You have to tell the game stop. And take a break. Otherwise, it is fraught with trouble.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that healthy eating and regular exercise will be helpful.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also part, a good diet and a good night's sleep, however we have that is with the mind quiet, for that we have to have heart and clean thoughts.
I think that healthy eating and regular exercise will be helpful.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I share your opinion, I will begin to apply it, I have fallen into one of the situations you describe, specifically trying to recover something that I have lost and as a result what I have gained are greater losses. Thanks for the tips, they are really valuable.:rolleyes:

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is it. We have to be fine with yourself, to always have a better development, I agree with you.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I generally play for a very limited amount of time. This is related to my main job. Free time is difficult to find and therefore I actually often take forced breaks. But if I was unemployed, I definitely wouldn't play 7 days a week. Regular breaks are necessary, they are useful and obviously affect the results of the player.

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Maintaining good health is essential for a poker player to optimize their mental and physical capabilities, sustain focus and endurance, manage stress, maintain emotional control, and increase the likelihood of long-term success in the game.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The health of a poker player is an important aspect to consider for overall well-being and optimal performance. Here are some key considerations regarding the health of a poker player:

1. Physical Health: Maintaining good physical health is crucial for poker players. Sitting for long hours at the poker table can lead to a sedentary lifestyle, which may increase the risk of various health issues such as obesity, cardiovascular problems, and back pain. Engaging in regular exercise, maintaining proper posture, and taking breaks to stretch and move around can help mitigate these risks.
  2. Mental Health: Poker can be mentally demanding, and it's important to prioritize mental well-being. The pressure, swings, and uncertainties of the game can lead to stress, anxiety, and tilt (emotional frustration). Developing strategies to manage stress, practicing mindfulness or meditation, and seeking support when needed are all important for maintaining good mental health.
  3. Sleep and Rest: Sufficient sleep and rest are crucial for optimal cognitive function and decision-making. Lack of sleep can impair concentration, memory, and overall performance. Establishing a consistent sleep schedule and ensuring you get enough rest between poker sessions can help maintain mental clarity and focus.
  4. Nutrition and Hydration: Paying attention to your nutrition and hydration is essential. A well-balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains can provide the necessary nutrients for sustained energy and mental acuity. Staying properly hydrated is also important for cognitive function and overall well-being.
  5. Social Connection: Poker can be a solitary activity, and isolation can have negative effects on mental health. Maintaining a healthy social life and staying connected with friends and family can provide support, perspective, and a sense of balance.
  6. Balance and Self-Care: It's important to strike a balance between poker and other areas of life. Engaging in hobbies, pursuing other interests, and taking regular breaks from the game can help prevent burnout and promote overall well-being.
Remember, poker is a long-term endeavor, and taking care of your health is crucial for sustained success and enjoyment of the game. Prioritizing physical and mental well-being, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and finding a balance between poker and other aspects of life are all important for the health and longevity of a poker player.