Heads-up Poker

D

danielsa8911

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm looking into playing heads up poker online, but i want to learn more about the game. What is the best heads up poker book for beginners?
Thanks

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheap slow blinds. No turbo...look for regular heads up tournaments. The blinds increase slower about every 5 minutes. Start at low steaks 1-2 dollars or cheaper.

Good luck!

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try Collin Moshman "Hads Up"

N

Narcizzist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are interested in heads up play then you wouldn't go far wrong subscribing to Doug Polk on youtube as well.

He's probably the best in the world like.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend that recommended a book by will tipton called "Expert heads up no limit hold'em." I have not got a chance to read it but maybe you will. Good luck in your future poker adventures.

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collin Moshman heads up no limit Holdem is a great book.

Thania Vento

Thania Vento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heads up poker is the end of the tournament or SnG a good recomendation would be study all the players of the final table and then in the heads up you will know what kind of player is the rival so it will be easy to win

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are interested in heads up play then you wouldn't go far wrong subscribing to Doug Polk on youtube as well.

He's probably the best in the world like.

Upswing Poker, even the YouTube channel, has a lot of videos that goes in depth in HU play as well. Really valuable.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me was helpful books Collin Moshman.

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you all for this. Very educative

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love heads up! Just remember top pair usually takes the pot down.

Rony Mota

Rony Mota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will not indicate a book, but a very important tip: After my thousands of hundreds of hands that I played heads up, I came up with a pretty basic structure of how HU matches should be played in the beginning before any specific adjustment for the opponent. To begin with, you should open 100% of your hands on the button, yes up to 27o. That is because of two reasons: # 1 we are going to make an immediate profit if our opponent plays very tight out of position and # 2 we want to force him to Throwing many hands out of position against us soon we can use our positional advantage to overpower it. Open 100% of the hands will also lead to tilt many people to do stupid things, more often drastic adjustments against us. So the structure for pre-flop position is to open every hand on the button up to 3x the blinds.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collin Moshman "hads up" is a great one especially for begining to advance stages. Also try poker holdem strategy by kid poker, gives good tips to help overall game

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I just read on the Internet the basics chezap
A couple of strategies of playing good players... and all ...
And determine your strategy... Because all individually