Having a positive attitude is a great way to keep emotion in check.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found I play much better when I have a positive attitude. When I have a bad beat, "tell your opp, nice hand." Or "Ouch, you got me there!"

I find myself playing subsequently better. Even if my stack has been destroyed and the prospect of making a combat small, if I have a positive attitude, I won't be YOLO shoving 3bb with 10,5o on the subsequent hand.

And I see a lot of people tilting off the very next hand on some super rags because they gave up. I been there too.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For poker, tilt is suicide! We must try to avoid this condition by all available means.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A positive attitude is a great way to curb emotions. I read somewhere that people who smile when they do something unpleasant carry it much easier. So if you got a bad hit just smile and keep going)

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Club Password Access

positive attitude has direct effect on my game. If I feel bad I absoloutly loose the game.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I myself sometimes, if not in the mood to play, then the game does not go well. Then it’s better not to sit down at all and not waste time in vain.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My attitude is generally reflective of my bankroll. When I have a big bankroll and I lose it flows right off me and I go on to the next tourney no worries. When my bankroll is low and I am taking bad beat after bad beat it gets a little bit frustrating to lose so badly when you get your money in good and you get knocked out before the money repetitively with suck outs and coolers and bad beats. And I am talking about playing 100 - 200 "buy-ins" bankroll down to nothing and on micro low and mid stakes levels same result so far. But my optimistic attitude keeps me coming back and reloading my bankroll. I WILL CONQUER POKER!!

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a positive attitude and being able to brush the bad beats and being outplayed is huge for one's psyche and ability to focus and not go on tilt. Also ultimately, regardless of stakes and type of game, being positive means you won't dwell on what happened in the past. Definitely can apply this mindset to the real world too.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with you.
be positive.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I found I play much better when I have a positive attitude. When I have a bad beat, "tell your opp, nice hand." Or "Ouch, you got me there!"

I find myself playing subsequently better. Even if my stack has been destroyed and the prospect of making a combat small, if I have a positive attitude, I won't be YOLO shoving 3bb with 10,5o on the subsequent hand.

And I see a lot of people tilting off the very next hand on some super rags because they gave up. I been there too.

NICE!

Definitely recommend the above prescription to all those that Mega Tilt after things don't play out the way they expected them to.

Positive Attitude will take you far and may help prevent tilt or at least limit its effects on your game

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just said everything! Keep you mood in a positive vibe is one of the greatest tip I could give someone about poker.. bad beats will happens quite often.. the cards sometimes doesn't work out pretty well for you, bit just remind yourself that sometimes the same cards work out just fine...
If you can keep a positive attitude, you are half way there

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
positivity always helps. even if you dont tilt right away opponents can pick up on negativity and use it against you many times. we are not robots, we have emotions but if we can negate that to a small degree our game will definitely benefit as a result.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you get bad bits over and over again it's hard to keep your composure.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, the mood and well-being of a player plays a huge role in success, and this is not only in poker but also in life.

Positive signals to space, materialization of thoughts all this is relevant, not proven of course,but not disproved.

Believe in yourself, do not store bad beats in your memory, be calm and ask yourself the right questions during the game. and don't waste time on unnecessary emotions.:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
A positive attitude is a great way to enjoy life. Positive emotions will always contribute to your development and influence your results. I meditate twice a day and because of this I am always positive.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. And also i find it much easier to be in positive attitude when i follow strict bankroll management as i play calm knowing that i don't risk too much of my bankroll.

D

daniel e hodge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
positivity and confidence in "a chip and a chair" mentality. Ive final tabled and/or won a whole lot of tourneys where I had less than the 2 blinds combined at some point late in the tourney.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Yeah, I agree men. It´s a sport and then always will have the looser and the winner, and playing like an idiot it´s not the better way, so doing this positive attitude you´ll gonna be a better player

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
concentration...

It can be a double-edged emotional act, since when feeling positive, you tend to be more confident and that can play against you, where in certain hands you have won in a certain or consecutive way, and it is there, in that moment, where one has to be 100% concentrated, since the other players feel that confidence that one carries and act in a more aggressive way, where the luck could end.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it has nothing to see and that you are in a good mood will not avoid a bad streak. bat bit. Anyway, that won't change your luck but it will make it less painful.