Chips
When they snap jam into your donk lead yes I always regret that

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell yes! lol But seriously, usually this happens to me when I am so focused on what I have, that I fail to really stop and look at the board properly before shoving.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
twice happened to me they were with 5-6 same stick and 32 came out good flop but in the end I left losing more than 50% of my bench

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't donk bet very often, but when I do it is because I am planning on shipping it all-in when they raise me haha!

Seriously though, I think the donk bet is a good (and very under-utilized) play in poker. If you use it sparingly against regulars in particular it can really help balance your ranges and confuse them.

And if you occasionally donk bet/3bet ship your draws against them, it's really good for your image as well :D

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This type of play is often made by inexperienced players who sometimes don't know what a donk bet is, but I think like many other deceptive moves it can sometimes be profitable ... I usually expect the attacker's reaction

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]It always happens to me, many times I'm with AA and I lose to a crazy who gives allin with 23 and beats me.[/COLOR]​

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and no, it is not bad play if you're not getting all in and can help control the pot.

Last edited:
Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never regret, and limp is a manifestation of weakness, lack of character.)

And at all Donk bet coined what the Brazilian. He must have played with a Donkey and the Donkey won it.

Last edited:
A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing makes me angrier than failing to bluff. Always feel a tinge of embarrassment too :/:captain::captain::captain:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few days ago, I regretted that after raising before the flop I continued to raise and on the river I made a bluff. The opponent already had a set on the flop and he just called my bets. As a result, I lost half a stack and later did not qualify on the second day of the game. The end of the game was near and it was not worth the risk.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't donk bet very often, but when I do it is because I am planning on shipping it all-in when they raise me haha!

This reminds me of the most interesting man in the world beer meme haha. Seriously though it is good advice and totally reasonable of course to include donk bets in our play when we’re thinking above them so to speak. When we do it in that fashion, it’s almost more like a fake donk bet if that makes sense.

The important thing is to not be making donk bets in the truest sense of the definition—betting out without the betting lead because we “don’t know where we stand” or to “try to bluff the pot and take it down right away.” These are examples of simplistic logic that will tend to fail against all but the most novice opponents—and even versus that type of player there are generally more profitable ways to play any given hand. :)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, I never regret anything in poker. I take it all as a learning experience. You cannot play result oriented poker, you have to play the situations and realize that you play certain plays correctly.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alll the time. but usually i do that if im not into the tournament. not getting any hands and just doing donkey moves

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes many times. Generally this happens when I start to be tired and do not take the time to analyze the spot to make the right decision.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes many times with AA i make donk bet on any flop.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look already once I called an all-in bet without realizing it, that's when I looked away and called KQ from a blind but the player on my left was all in and I didn't get it and I called. Wow, it was a fiasco, now I wait for everyone's action and then touch the keyboard!:eek:

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone who has played poker has that regret.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody regrets, above all when you are busting because of this donk bet.

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to say here since all of my plays are donk bets :vroam:

A

Andy S

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, failing to a bluff always sucks

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heh heh... Never regret making a decision. In any case, this is an experience. It won't happen again next time

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t do donk bets, because in my opinion it’s a really bad play using them, so I don’t have to regret

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donkaliciosa

If i come out on top i love em, when i lose i hate em.
The more experience i get the more i learn when to reconsider and make a better move.