Have you played against a famous player?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, have you ever played against a celebrity or professional player, I remember that pokerstars organized Latin American Poker League, and once made a freeroll, where several Latin American pros players played, Angel Guillen, Marene, Leo Fernandez, etc, well I was lucky, to share the table with Humberto Brenes, the Costa Rican player, a very good player and very friendly, the table was really fun, we made a lot of jokes with shark Brenes, in addition to many questions about poker.
gI:)

Last edited:
Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play online poker, but unfortunately I have not yet met well-known professional poker players.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not yet))) Professionals should play with me, not me with them!)))

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played with Tim Duncan a few years back. The guy is a smart poker player who plays like any other Poker Reg. I remember laughing my butt off when a guy tried to bluff him off top pair on the river. Timmy has over 100 million in the bank and the guy tried to bluff 300 bucks into his Top Pair :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kokoalexkoko

kokoalexkoko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with Patrik Antonius. Not so hard to play with pro)

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not had a chance to play with the professionals because they do not play frolic.

L

luckstackin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends, have you ever played against a celebrity or professional player, I remember that pokerstars organized Latin American Poker League, and once made a freeroll, where several Latin American pros players played, Angel Guillen, Marene, Leo Fernandez, etc, well I was lucky, to share the table with Humberto Brenes, the Costa Rican player, a very good player and very friendly, the table was really fun, we made a lot of jokes with shark Brenes, in addition to many questions about poker.

Humberto Brenes is awesome! pura vida!

i played on pokerstars with a pokerstars pro many years back. can't remember his name, definitely wasn't a top pro i'd heard of, but he joined a low stakes MTT and ended up on my table. cool, thought it would be interesting, plus the knockout bounty was there.... he jammed every single hand. i don't remember the exact setup, but he had jammed a few times already and accompanied it with some idiotic remarks after each hand ended. several hands in i got dealt queens and called, he had Q2o and beat me with a wheel. afterwards he said "i had two queens! or queen twos!!!!!" or something to that effect...

i was incredibly put off. i don't care about the loss. i mean it is annoying losing QQ to Q2o against donk shoves regardless of who it is yes, but busting from the tournament, whatever... happens all the time. but for it to be to a pokerstars "pro" who was obviously just playing to fill his quota and acting like a complete dbag the whole time....

i wrote a message complaining about his behavior to support, never heard anything back. go pstars!

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker in the ears guys

had a chance to play against these guys once, they cam e to the pub I played at

saw the video on youtube sounds like they had a great time yet baffling against loose agrresive pub players:hahaha:

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some plo8 with Vanessa Rousso.She cleaned me out pretty fast.

A

alvinw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've played Cash vs Jerry Yang. We know each other outside of poker so its weird cause i cant say I know who he is at the tables. He doesn't like people knowing hes in the game. Derek Lerner aka derek8 on stars

zippaya

zippaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't met famous players so far. I only play online poker, and I haven't had the opportunity to bump into any of them, mostly because I play freerolls and Micro stakes. I do hope that that will change, but I would certainly love to end up being on a live tournament where you can actually see and shake hands with some of them! Dream on!

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, dont see famous players on the stakes im playing.
But who knows in the future :)

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with the pros at the same table

No, this has not happened yet, even online). It would be a very pleasant meeting, one dream would be less!:p

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Famous

No, not that I know of, but one fellow looked very familiar, in a 150 buy in.

Young pro like looking guy, made the typical moves you would expect.

Ran in int AA then KK and was out. Seemed disgusted them left quietly?

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played for a few hours with Kathy Liebert in wsop 2019's The Big 50 tournament. It was interesting to watch her abuse the 2 guys to my right. They were both tight-passive, she took on their blinds from middle position over and over. Another interesting observation was her willingness to call preflop/flop with middle pairs - I saw her win (suck out) and lose (not get there) pots several times. She wasn't afraid to let her stack shrink and grow. We both made the money, but I ended up placing better than her - proof that in any given tournament an amature can get lucky! :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Online I played against Zorba (aka BigZ) but not for quite a number of years now.
A bunch of others too back on Fulltilt Poker (< best site EVER in the history of online poker sites)

Live game, Gavin Smith (& a bunch of others) at a special invite tourney. Great guy! Really sad to hear of him dying :(

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, i haven't, but i wish someday i will :D

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played against well-known poker players because I'm only playing online and in low buy-in tournaments.

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a chance..the 1st place,playing head -up with pro player,but i dont remember the name now..on PokerStars was this tournament.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I won ticket to 888 London and there I played with Chris Moorman and Tonkaaap. That was fun. Hope to get play often bigger tournaments and with bigger names.

L

lluminastars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played live with a guy who used to be in Moneymaker's home game, does that count?

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online I played against Zorba (aka BigZ) but not for quite a number of years now.
A bunch of others too back on Fulltilt Poker (< best site EVER in the history of online poker sites)

Live game, Gavin Smith (& a bunch of others) at a special invite tourney. Great guy! Really sad to hear of him dying :(

I also played against some pros in the old days on FTP, and also agree on it being the best site. I miss it and the pre-black Friday days so much.

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once played in a tournament with Nigreano, but I have never been with him at the same table))

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once played in a tournament with Nigreano, but I have never been with him at the same table))

I think many has been in the same tournament with them but in the same table is the question.