Hardest thing for you in poker

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having my pocket KK's beat by pocket AA's, having to fold pocket QQ's on a preflop all-in and watching a rookie bad beat the entire table.

MiguelC18

MiguelC18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also find it hard to give up a high flush draw after so much $ is goes in preflop and someone in early decides to shove with a similar stack to mine. It all looks so good early in a tourney where blinds go up quick except when you don't hit this play 2/3 times like me.

V

vendrel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment i would say my biggest flaw in poker is committing to a pot too hard. I am sitting there chasing when i know better and should fold out.

rubenator

rubenator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing how much to raise to reel people in. Everyone has a different price, some people call 5x the BB while others fold with minimum raise.

I've been getting better at figuring things out, as always, the smallest amount is better than nothing at all.

S

stoneman75

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I|m relatively new to the game, and online poker. The hardest thing for me is not bein able too see the person. Man a flinch outta character tells a million tales, or so too speak. Online poker is strategic, i dont know it, lol. So dont hunt me down..lol. But am learning, but it has been a back an forth punch. Some games tight some games loose. But does seem too be a lot of bluffin an low card play online...just my two thoughts

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was doing so good on the emotions thing until I busted out two from the money (my hand was marginally better but desperate and nothing to brag about). Oh well, every time I get pissed, I do pushups, jumping jacks, whatever. I think I might find some abs around here sometime in the near future if this training regime of the tilted keeps up!

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maintaining a clear mental state and not allowing people to influence my play. Few can but there is always that one you really feel the need to try and take down. Oh and I would like to loosen up more.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing is not to go on tilt :)

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing totally stupid calls getting rewarded again and again and again and again...

It never ends.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thins for me in poker is to play bad, I always do good. Nah I'm just kidding, the hardest thing for me is to avoid playing when I'm on tilt

S

sonic0691

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me is to not get discouraged by all the things mentioned in this thread. Then I come to CC and see that I'm not the only one this s**t happens to and all is right with the world.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My hardest thing with poker is laying cards down when I know I'm beat. There have been times I laid cards down and people say nice fold but sometimes the devil on my left shoulder shouts louder than the angel on my right, so all I hear is "they are bluffin, your hand is the best" and I don't hear the wise, "do you not see the straight, he is crushing your 2 pair/3 of a kind.

That's what I need to work on.

Thats me exactly. I really struggle with folding even though I know the other player could easily have straight or flush. I know the best would be to fold, but I'm always thinking, but hey what if he's bluffing, betting with two pair or something, lol. I also lose my temper and patience easily. Especially when playing freerolls where everyone goes all in all the time. :rolleyes:

Seeing totally stupid calls getting rewarded again and again and again and again...

It never ends.

ehehehe. Yea, this makes me go crazy, too.

zegaum

zegaum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look, for me the hardest is learning to play in the final fase of game ... Constantly fall near the awards area and hardly caught final tables. This is killing me!

valkopt

valkopt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Downswings, staying off tilt/chasing losses, and practicing conservative bankroll management.

This are the first 3 things I need to change that affect a lot of my game. They are all psycological and I need to take care of this before evolve in poker.

Then I got some more issues to improve related to the game, but for that I need to study and practice.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hardest things for me:

- my resteal went wrong, but i have to convince myself it was the right move
- multi tabling tournaments and cash games at the same time
- playing 3 or more heads-ups simultan. at the end of a good 18/45man SNG session
- not surfing in the internet while i only have 1 or 2 table left
- playing big field freerolls seriuosly

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-stay to BRM
-not going tilt
-stop playing while winning
-stop playing while losing

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listening to people gab about stuff when they got no idea what they are talking about without telling them so. and then not trying to bust em just cause they talk through their hat

Mechanic44

Mechanic44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spoting trips is hard,loseing is hard ,dont play at all is werry hard.

T

tryin2winM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stay tight with a big stack . Folding is key. you dont want to be beat by any rags when your that deep into the game and have a good chance to cash

777morten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hardest thing for me these days are when it seems like there are no way I can win a hand no matter what I or my oponents have....

like when I have AA are to players allin in front of me, both hold QQ and they get Qhigh straight...????.....omg

or when I have AA, one raise and one re-raise so yes I go over the topp...
they hold AK and KK....and of course there comes a K on the board....

its a bit frustrated when you have play going like that so often like it is now, but I know and believe that things will soon change again....

K

KonSingkit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest thing for me is, and always has been, bankroll management.

This! This one! I am always tempted to play stakes wherein my BR is not fit... and I most of the time gave in. I can't resist the urge. arrgh.

D

DextersDad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else have trouble riding out the bubble? 4 away from the money and I am dealt KK or AA. My gut tells me to bait and push but my brain says "you are about to get your stack obliviated by a 2 9o suckout. The size of my bankroll indicates the latter usually prevails. I just can't help myself.

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. I hate playing against begginers too. It's so confusing to play against them.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listening to people gab about stuff when they got no idea what they are talking about without telling them so. and then not trying to bust em just cause they talk through their hat
This used to drive me crazy. People who play like garbage hit a low percentage river to win and talk shit the entire time like they know what they are doing. I used to get into trouble by trying to knock them out or I'd talk back. I just ignore it now. You don't want your competition getting any better. Just let them chat away and make stupid plays and eventually pay you off for your patience.