Handicap

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone with a handicap here play poker and how if any does it affect you?

I had a stroke almost 2 years ago and a back operation 4 years ago, I find playing poker is therapeutic. One major problem I have is with my sleep due to my stroke and back pain.

After a few nights of very poor sleep, my head is always asleep and I have a hard time playing good disciplined poker, I get frustrated and make snap calls without thinking. I fail to take advantage of good hands .

I forget about a lot of tournaments I wanted to play and miss them. Basically play way less because the desire is not there, I am sleepy and lose money. I basically play in 3 weeks what I normally do in 3 days.

Let me know your experience and how you overcome it.

Once I get good sleep I come back and play good poker and make money again.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Grig,

I had a stroke several years ago and, I agree, stamina is an issue. The fatigue we experience can be extremely difficult to navigate. I find that I do have to limit how long/how often I play. If I'm well rested and having a good brain day, I can play with no problems. If it's a tired/bad brain day for me, I don't play.

I have tried to play through the tired/bad brain days but have not had a lot of success.

I think the best thing we can do is try to be well rested so our bodies and brains are operating as best they can.

One upside: the stroke impacted the coordination in my left hand. In live-action play, I ONLY use my left hand to handle my chips. I've found it to be a pretty good asset, as it gives false tells - people think I'm nervous about my hand but it's just that it's always shaky/weak. Gotta see the bright side!

charlie2013

charlie2013

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh finally, someone thinks like me...
I m sure the the LAG problem exists for sure in every online games...
PES for playstation I knw that exists! So i stopped that s h i t ..haha
I think the select the games, if u lose the hand... bye bye heheh
thats how works

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hope that over time you will return your lost health and you will be able to play poker for longer. The main thing is to be physically active. Good luck.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands