Greatest Poker Bluff Ever

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any spring to mind? I was thinking of that bluff where Tom Dwan had air, and Ivey had a pair of 5's. The board was all over cards, and Ivey wanted to call him! Was million pound pot I think.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not saying this is the best bluff of all time, but this one would at least make a top 5 or top 10 list I think. How often do you get away with a Ten high hand?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I do not think of anything, because one hand of cards won can not affect the entire game, especially since it may be interesting to look at whether it is possible to solve the bluff and leave the opponent without chips?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any spring to mind? I was thinking of that bluff where Tom Dwan had air, and Ivey had a pair of 5's. The board was all over cards, and Ivey wanted to call him! Was million pound pot I think.

The last 2 at the 8 minute mark and the 10 minute mark are absolutely incredible... Phil ivey is such a legend...

and in his masterclass he actually breaks down the final bluff and his reasons behind it. Pretty wild :)

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I do not think of anything, because one hand of cards won can not affect the entire game, especially since it may be interesting to look at whether it is possible to solve the bluff and leave the opponent without chips?
I think you assessment is a little off. A single bluff, timed right, can be the trajectory to a big win. It does a lot for one's confidence in having the right feel at the table in any given game, and it can put your opponents off as they continue to question if they made the right decision.

We would, as a poker community, be in a VERY different state if this bluff hadn't gone through.

The Moneymaker effect might not have been a thing if Sammy calls here.