The great Phil Ivey

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By my opinion, Phil Ivey And Dwan are the best poker players in the word. But I put ahead Ivey, because he has an incredible capacity to read his opponents! He feels exactly the right moment to bluff, he feels when his opponent is weak and when he is strong...
He is the only one who can play without looking his cards, he doesn’t need strong cards to win a big pot...
It's really amazing what Ivey do in poker tournaments and in cash game, his eyes are non stop moving in order to harvest all information.
It's almost impossible to read Phil Ivey, you will never know when he is bluffing o when he has a big hand. He is always surprising his opponents with unpredictable moves.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's true. Knowledge of body language is very important in live poker to read opponents as well as to control your emotions and body.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not put tom dwan up there anymore. He is not even better than Daniel Cates. I would put negraneau ahead of him. Fedor holz. Dwan doesn't run over people the way he did when he first showed up on poker after dark. That was a long time ago. I am a fan of Dwan. He was a superstar back when poker was televised and full tilt and pokerstars were in U.S. but I think others have caught up to him and passed him in ability. And he doesn't have that much tournament success. So I assume you are only talking about cash games because tournaments he is no way the best or second best player in the world.

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Miss thoose times high stakes poker what a show

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey what happen with Isildur?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My favorite professional player is Jason Mercier. To me, he is the best poker player.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey

Hes a bad dude on the felt. Cant make mistakes around Phil or he will capitalize on them every time.

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone got wise to Dwan's aggressive play and his wide range.

Ivey's something else. He's almost alien-like when you see him running through the numbers in his head, remembering the action, acts like nothing when he bluffs.

Last edited: