Google Glass at the Poker Table?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have all heard the hype out there about Google Glass and the benefits that it might offer its wearers. Well it needs to be tested in various lifestyles and environments and we were lucky enough to get our hands on the latest prototype. We have decided to put them to the test…. in a game of live poker!

Be sure to check here on Sunday morning to see for yourself how it turned out!

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-glasses.php

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have all heard the hype out there about Google Glass and the benefits that it might offer its wearers. Well it needs to be tested in various lifestyles and environments and we were lucky enough to get our hands on the latest prototype. We have decided to put them to the test…. in a game of live poker!

Be sure to check here on Sunday morning to see for yourself how it turned out!

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-glasses.php
Isn't the game on Sunday? How will the results be posted that fast?

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be cool to see what the results show.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who tested it?

I guess we'll see on Sunday. :) Sounds intriguing...

"So we sent out one of our brave reviewers who volunteered for the task (after a little prodding and mild threats of violence) to put the glasses to the test in a live poker game and to see if he could get away with using them undiscovered."

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would be the main benefits?

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would expect them to be a distraction in live games - will take away your attention from reading the other players. I doubt you could manipulate a calculator quickly enough to get percentages based on the flop or turn... your brain should do it faster anyway.

Still, will be interesting to see how it goes (and if anybody recognizes them as G-Glass)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They look dumb as hell and imo it would be hard for people to NOT notice them. One Google product that at this current time, I do not support.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They look dumb as hell and imo it would be hard for people to NOT notice them. One Google product that at this current time, I do not support.

People wear dumb glasses all the time at poker events. Pretty easy to pass them off imo.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would be the main benefits?

That's what I can't wait to find out. :) Like seeing the hole cards of other players somehow? Or tells become instantly discernable? Who knows lol.

Anyway, I love learning about new techie toys and look forward to seeing how this one works.

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eagerly awaiting the video to see the result :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I can't wait to find out. :) Like seeing the hole cards of other players somehow? Or tells become instantly discernable? Who knows lol.

Anyway, I love learning about new techie toys and look forward to seeing how this one works.
Yeah, I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing HUD stats available when you look at a player though. Wearable PT4 anyone?!?!?!

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm kinda confused on what the google glass actually does and what the benefits would be during a poker game. Will definitely check out what happened this Sunday.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pretty cool of you guys to test out the product. Two things tho: 1) They're not very discreet, at all. And 2) It's voice-activated. Probably comes off a bit odd to say random things like "ok, glass, record now" at the poker table.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing HUD stats available when you look at a player though. Wearable PT4 anyone?!?!?!

Now that idea about wearable PT4 is ingenious....Just imagine the actually having these look like normal sun glasses, and nobody actually could tell the difference...

I can't wait to see how this turns out on Sunday

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im Interested and wouldn't mind a pair myself ...However as far as the applicability in Poker...Any live games I play they do not allow electronic devices at the table so I am positive that even if you were able to use them effectively in theory that they would not be allowed.

Lady_Ist

Lady_Ist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow:) looks great:) great opportunity:) waiting to check it:)

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they're going to take off once people really realize the main & convenient benefits of them.

Nowadays, w/ everything that people do, especially while multitasking, the convenience of being able to instantly upload pics, vids, info to the internet w/o having to touch any buttons will be amazing & well appreciated.