Good VS. Bad Players

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the greatest differences between a "good player" and a losing one?

A good person has discipline. He can throw a good hand if he is sure that the opponent has something better. Bad in any case, Allin will play with AA if he sees a chance to Flush the opponent. I can tell from your experience.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is very simple - good is always positive, and bad is always negative))))))))))))))

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good player made money and a bad player lost a good player is happy a bad player is not happy I think both a good player and a bad player would be happy to win a poker tournament and earn money and then why else but money and a title to play poker and spend precious time on it

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A good player wins and a bad player loses!

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good players don't get tilted by low variance outcomes. People hit two-outers all the time (~5%). If you get used to it, and acknowledge that poker's about plus-EV plays over time, then you'll have better finishes.

This also helps when it comes to building up your patience and staying un-tilted.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I believe that good players are first and foremost patient and disciplined players. At the same time, if a player is not patient and disciplined enough, then most likely he is just a bad player.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to see what people think about good vs bad players. Good players make money over the long run of poker seems to be the norm answer to this question. Bad players tilt and lose money over the long run is the norm answer to this question.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming all players know how to play and are equally educated on the game with similar ability,
Luck is the main difference between a good player and a losing player.
Pocket tens shoving preflop was a reasonable good player move calling with AA preflop was a pure kiss your $200 or $300 goodbye loser my bad lol.:hahaha:
Good and bad winner and loser is subjective and can easily change this years failure could be next years major event winner,
And this years major event winner could be a failure and a big bust next year.
If a well known pro cashes for 2 million dollars in a year but spends 2 million and 2 thousand on buy ins over the year leaving him -2k is he now a bad player?
imgpsh_fullsize_anim

Last edited:
V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players only make decisions based on their cards! They also do not know how to adapt to the opponent and always play predictably!

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think a good player is one who knows how to control his emotions and knows when to stop in time, regardless of whether he wins or loses. A good player must control his bankroll, must have a stop loss and take profit. And of course the range of hands of a good player is very different from that of a loose player.
A person who plays well at poker knows how to fold good hands and good combinations when there are higher combinations on the flop and the player understands that the opponent has a better hand, this is a very important skill without which it is difficult to be a winning player.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think good players are who those know how to win, recognize the situation, and have reasons for every action. While bad players just play their hands by their feeling.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good question. In one sentence, self-examination is, in my opinion, the biggest difference, and the most important! If you don’t analyze your game from time to time, you won’t realize your mistakes either. Losing players don't like to face their mistakes, they rather suspect the poker room or hackers.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players make your bets same way that me

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ultimate difference is that good players have positive net, bad players have negative net

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad players (or losers) bluff too much, call too much, tilt too much and fold too little.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Good players have discipline, they have patience ... and they know that everything is not won only in hand ... it is won at the end of a session ... that's where the accounts are done ...!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think good players can build a bankroll, and bad players can only lose a bankroll. Banal but concise. :rolleyes:

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good player will not allow emotions to overwhelm him

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good player is a winning player. You win by making +EV decisions. Not an easy thing to do of course, but it is what distinguishes good and bad, or winning and losing players

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The good player has money in his account!

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few traits of good players:

Understanding that its about playing the villains tendencies and not just your own cards
Being aware that position is everything
Realising that the outcome of any indivual hand does not matter. Only the decisions made during it

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you win, then you are a good player; if you lose, then you are a bad player.

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the biggest difference is the knowledge they have of the game, the good guys have a lot and the bad guys very little, they just play to pass the time and that's it