Getting up early in the morning for poker

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was go to bed very lately last 10 years. I did not get enough sleep and did not understand people who wake up early and go to bed early. Now, thanks to the morning tournaments, I get up at 8-10 in the morning every day for the past 3 weeks. It's help, it's change me and it's fun))

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like to play in the morning, I like morning tournaments. Only when I get enough sleep, of course. It turns out a good Deep Run. While the head is not filled with anything) Yes, Poker trains! It motivates you to go to work.)

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I prefer to play tournaments after midnight since there are not so many players and the prizes are more accessible

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not even poker can make me wake up early in the morning..lol
It’s actually the opposite, some days I go late to bed because of some long poker tournament.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would rather play at midnight then seven or eight in the morning. Mornings are not my thing that is for sure, never have been and probably never will be. I applaud the players that enjoy waking up early.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play poker in the evenings and at night. In the morning I have more important things to do. Maybe morning poker is fun if you are unemployed.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was go to bed very lately last 10 years. I did not get enough sleep and did not understand people who wake up early and go to bed early. Now, thanks to the morning tournaments, I get up at 8-10 in the morning every day for the past 3 weeks. It's help, it's change me and it's fun))

Strange, but whatever helps for a better quality of life.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
few years ago, i woke up in the middle of the night, about 2 or 3 am, to play at former room luckyace

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually end up late regging if the tourney starts too early. 10 or 11 am isn’t too bad though. A lot of the tournaments I go play start at 6 pm. I’ve made a quite a few day 2’s at Foxwoods that were super hard to get up for after playing from noon till 2 or 3 am.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play poker in the evenings and at night. In the morning I have more important things to do. Maybe morning poker is fun if you are unemployed.
Unless it is your job.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I only have free time in the evenings, so I only play poker in the evenings. Sometimes on the weekends, I can also play during the day and in the evening, but this is rare.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Depends if you are a 'morning' or 'evening' type I suppose. And when you have time to play.

I never played poker in the morning, honestly don't feel like trying.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the free time and plans for the whole week. Personally, I like to get up in the morning and start a poker session, I am in full strength and I have a lot of energy.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For many years i liked to go to bed late and wake up also late. Maybe because i was regularly working on night shifts. When i switched to normal shifts in the beginning it was strange but after i adjusted now i feel better when i go to sleep around 23:30 and get up around 07:30 in the morning. It feels more natural to my body.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For many years i liked to go to bed late and wake up also late. Maybe because i was regularly working on night shifts. When i switched to normal shifts in the beginning it was strange but after i adjusted now i feel better when i go to sleep around 23:30 and get up around 07:30 in the morning. It feels more natural to my body.

Agree with you! I also noticed that this helps to normalize the biological and psychological cycles of the body.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, while still winning money every day, it would be generally wonderful.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a chronic insomniac and although I have gotten up early for certain scheduled tourneys I have noticed I have much more clarity of mind later in the day into the late night.

If you are an insomniac as well, please show solidarity and support by clicking the like button.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In the past, when I had a lot of free time, I also enjoyed morning tournaments. A cup of coffee and a morning SnG tournament have always been a pleasure. But now, I have a busy schedule, so I only play in the evenings, at night or on weekends.
Good luck.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have liked to play poker at a time convenient for my brain, but unfortunately, time zones decided everything for me.:D

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live and work outside of the US, at 12 hours of time difference from US ET. So I have to get up early at ungodly morning hours (4-5 am = late afternoon US time) to play tournaments, and it's tough to prepare for poker mentally.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.It´s nice you are feeling better.A good rest is very helpful for your daily activities., not only for your poker sessions.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the weekend I like to get up early to take advantage of as many hours as possible to enjoy long days of Poker. Taking advantage of the fact that there is not much that can be done in quarantine, poker helps me spend much of my time.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer to play poker in the evening, play in the morning, this is already work.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in the mornings there are lesser player pools and less tournaments in general. So I do not prefer mornings. But in general, it is good to wake up early. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with poker, at least for me.