Gambling taxes

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read the article posted about Belgium raising the tax on poker players and it got me wondering..Which countries are the most lenient on gamblers and which are the strictest? Where does the U.S. fall on that scale?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Ukraine, if the withdraw amount up $ 2000, the bank does not block ..
If the above amount we must apply to the tax authorities and pay percentages of the amount of withdraw..then the bank receives payment..

I think in many countries, if you withdraw a small amount money , you can not pay for taxes..

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the US it depends on the rest of your income - your total income determines your tax rate.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Ukraine, if the withdraw amount up $ 2000, the bank does not block ..
If the above amount we must apply to the tax authorities and pay percentages of the amount of withdraw..then the bank receives payment..

I think in many countries, if you withdraw a small amount money , you can not pay for taxes..

That's interesting. Is this true even if you withdrew $2000 one hundred times? In the U.S. If I traded you 3 chickens for your pig the government would want some bacon and a wing ;)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's interesting. Is this true even if you withdrew $2000 one hundred times? In the U.S. If I traded you 3 chickens for your pig the government would want some bacon and a wing ;)

Amounts of up to 200 can be withdraw every 2-3 days , big amount one in month, if more, the probability bank that contact the tax service...
We have most of the private banks, and I pay percentage of the bank when cashout...
That is why Ukraine does not join the European Union , now a lot of corruption..

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amounts of up to 200 can be withdraw every 2-3 days , big amount one in month, if more, the probability bank that contact the tax service...
We have most of the private banks, and I pay percentage of the bank when cashout...
That is why Ukraine does not join the European Union , now a lot of corruption..

That's convenient.. Here we're legally obligated to report any and all income and like Girlie said, how much you make a year determines what tax bracket you fall into. I didn't play for cash online before black Friday but nowadays I get a lot of sideways looks and questions when cashing Bovada checks. TCF will cash the one's from Singapore but not canada, meanwhile I've got to make up a story about how I sold something on ebay and this is the check I received..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Y'all need to move to Australia - no tax on wins from gambling here :)

S

slicksam23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe in the US poker/ gambling winnings are taxed up to 40% not sure where i read that and could be totally off….but what uncle sam don't know he can't take…didn't hear that from me! sshhh!!

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`ll think about taxes when i win the PS`s sunday million :D.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`ll think about taxes when i win the PS`s sunday million :D.
Yeah I've never paid taxes on my winnings but I've only made a couple grand tops in my lifetime. However, at the moment I'm trying to play as a source of income. I'm giving it a couple months to see how it goes and if all works out then I'll probably file next year.

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the tax on the gain is all nonsense only if you pay a fee for the withdrawal or transfer

S

SamBush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its pretty lenient here in the UK i think Scandinavia is pretty strict though.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the tax on the gain is all nonsense only if you pay a fee for the withdrawal or transfer
I agree. I don't think I should have to pay taxes because I don't agree with how it's spent in my country lol! But I'm just a black man and my opinion matters not.. I wonder if that could at least be a write off?? hm...

Rest of the world already thinks we've got too many sharks anyway
wink.gif
Yes, too many in the water and on the felt!

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially after last weeks Shark attack on a surfer, guy lost his arm on one side and a hand on the other.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-06/family-of-esperance-shark-attack-victim-thank-rescuers/5793736

Yeah, I read about that.. That's messed up. I don't think I'd go in the water if I'm ever in Australia.. I barely swim when I'm at the Gulf of mexico. I stepped on a jellyfish this summer while in Florida. I was lucky though, I didn't step on tentacles so I didn't get stung at all.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I read about that.. That's messed up. I don't think I'd go in the water if I'm ever in Australia.. I barely swim when I'm at the Gulf of Mexico. I stepped on a jellyfish this summer while in Florida. I was lucky though, I didn't step on tentacles so I didn't get stung at all.

FWIW the reports of the "dangers" of our beaches have been grossly over-exaggerated.

If you're in the very northernmost, tropical part of the country then yes, there's some beaches and some seasons where you shouldn't go in the water. But the beaches at pretty much any major population centre (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, etc) are, by and large, perfectly safe.

Where Zorba and I are in Victoria (southernmost part of the mainland) you're more likely to want to avoid the water because it's bloody cold than because you're worried about sharks :p

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
FWIW the reports of the "dangers" of our beaches have been grossly over-exaggerated.

If you're in the very northernmost, tropical part of the country then yes, there's some beaches and some seasons where you shouldn't go in the water. But the beaches at pretty much any major population centre (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, etc) are, by and large, perfectly safe.

Where Zorba and I are in Victoria (southernmost part of the mainland) you're more likely to want to avoid the water because it's bloody cold than because you're worried about sharks :p

Too true, where the surfer was is another place I wouldn't go in the water, for fear of sharks, but surfers take the risks.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I believe what your saying but I'm Mr. play it safe haha. When it comes to the ocean anyways.. Even though people aren't attacked everyday there's still marine life all around you when your in the ocean! I'm not totally comfortable with that. I was traumatized by a school of sting rays in the Gulf when I was 12:eek:, maybe this has something to do with my cautiousness.. I still hope to visit Australia one day and I honestly don't like living in the states. So I am hoping to find a new home eventually.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tax??

What's the tax on online poker winnings like in your area? How much percentage do they (government) take?

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling