Gambling

O

OMGInsanoCut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 'am not addicted to live gambling but me and my husband has been playing traditional gambling which involve 5 cards shuffle to players and dealer choose what to play, usually you get to choose weather you get to hold two cards or three cards and other two or tree cards go on down near you till to get pairs or straight flush but that's just one game out of many games and players get one card from deck of cards till someone wins, players toss cards face up or down to middle and get other card from the deck till winning hands, players shuffle the deck of cards after all the deck of cards are taken, usually leaving the one last card on middle and shuffle the rest of the deck and game goes on, I was not happy last night cause we been playing every night for quite some time.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby and I have no dependence on gambling activities. I play only for my own pleasure and not even for the sake of money.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Dependence on gambling is a very common problem in the modern world. But I play poker just for fun and never play for what I can not afford to spend.
Good luck.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to check in on your motivations for playing.

If you are playing because you enjoy the game, the strategy of it, and the elements of competing/testing yourself, then you are probably playing for the right reasons.

If however you are playing strictly for the rush, the high, the thrill of winning, and you love the uncertainty of whether a card will come or a play will work out, then you may be in a place where you're playing with the realm of addiction.

In general I find these games of pure chance and table games promote the latter, while games of strategy like poker and other card games (hearts, spades, euchre, bridge, rummy etc.) which don't have money involved promote the former. And the more time we spend doing activities which support one, the more easily we move towards that.

Nothing wrong with sitting out the round where people are playing the pure gambling games if it's not your thing. I totally get that feeling :)

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling