Friends @ a Poker table???

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend of my introduce me to a new crowd of players. When I first played with this crowd I was winning big on a regular. At some games it would seem like my friend and I was the only ones with money after a while and we notice that we were just killing each other. So we developed a system not to bet eachother. Well the system is not working because it requires me to fold If he leads the bet and no one calls, or to check it down if we are the only ones in a hand. My betting style has change so much since this system and honestly I feel just this way of playing takes away from my ability to think properly. I have been a firm believer that there are no friends at the table , so how do I let my friend know I don't want to do this style anymore without upsetting a friendship???

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just tell him that it cramps your style of play and takes away from your fun, you would just like to play. Most friends will understand this, if he doesn't then he is really not much of a friend.

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just tell him before the site tells you and accuse you off collusion, because that is what you 2 are doing !

there are no friends in poker at the table !
if got troubble with playing against a friend just not play the same tables :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The next time he bets into you, 3-bet shove back. He'll get the idea.

...Other than this, treat him like another player at the table.

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not a site, Im talking about live action. Thanks for the reply though.

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More then likely he'll understand. He may even be thinking the same thing you are. Just tell him you can't play effectively like that and you would rather play on your own.

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

:)
same there i play live games with a group of friends regulair, but as soon we start to play we are enemies :)
solved the problem by holding the next game at the biggest winners place.
needing his winnings for the drinks and food :)

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man this site is real helpful, Its good to know other players understand where Im coming from.

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@ wolfie that's crazy you brought that up, because sometimes he would host the game and thats when Im at a major disadvantage because most poker (house games) players know you play to break the house.

rudeboyphx

rudeboyphx

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear you...:)
Since I've been playing in the PSO on PS I've gotten to know a lot of peeps in the league. I now play with them in a private game called the Cowboy Corral as well were the top players in PSO play & most of us are on Ventrillo too. I find it to be awesome to play with my friends who play damn good poker and try to take there chips when I can. I also find that my game has improved because we get to talk about our game play after it's all said and done.

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker you play against the table ! not against the house.

before we raked the hands to cover the costs of hosting a game(loads of drinks/food)
now just the winner must host next game :)

they like me to win because my wife makes a big thai buffet if i am hosting :)

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker you play against the table ! not against the house.

before we raked the hands to cover the costs of hosting a game(loads of drinks/food)
now just the winner must host next game :)

they like me to win because my wife makes a big thai buffet if i am hosting :)

Nice... let us know when the next game is :D BTW do you cover airfare too :eek:

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way you have been playing is known as "collusion" and it is cheating, pure and simple, so you have the right idea in wanting to get away from that type of play.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't you just hate it when cheating doesn't work out No sympathy, no atta boys for stoppin. Your cheating.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheater

The one think I absolutely hate is players teaming up. I play at Carbon poker and there is this player name Wadmeatgod or something close and this other guy (forgot his name ) who play multiple table together, and they never go head up and always team up. It very irritating when the odd is always against you. I try going to different table, but its very rare to not see them. Live or online, this is cheating and I believe something should be done about it. I hate CHEATER.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole idea behind playing poker is to be the last player standing (or sitting). What your doing isn't helping you win all the chips at the end of the night. If he is a real friend he will understand. Just speak up before the game starts. Good Luck:)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The one think I absolutely hate is players teaming up. I play at Carbon poker and there is this player name Wadmeatgod or something close and this other guy (forgot his name ) who play multiple table together, and they never go head up and always team up. It very irritating when the odd is always against you. I try going to different table, but its very rare to not see them. Live or online, this is cheating and I believe something should be done about it. I hate CHEATER.
If you are noticing a pattern with these players, you should report them to Carbon for investigation.

To the OP, as already stated, simply put, you and your friend are cheating. You're lucky that:

a) The people you played with haven't noticed or for some unknown reason don't think it's a big deal

b) You play with really forgiving people who have not taken you out back and played "let's hide the knuckles...in your face".

Last edited:
tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's still collusion.

I have one question for you. Do you have a good dental plan?

LennyPigeon

LennyPigeon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have also played alot vs 'meatwadgod'. I have to defend him, I do not believe he is a cheater. He has played over 30k games with 15k profit. If he was cheating i'm sure he would have been found out by now. He is jsut an ultra tight DON player. If you have evidence to suggest otherwise then I would be happy to take it into account.

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad that all you guys say its cheating, because I honestly told him at the start of this plan that It felt like we were playing "team poker" which I felt was CHEATING. I never needed this plan as I stated in my original comment I was making good money before this so called plan. So in reality I feel like I was being the target after the long run. Saying that this is a form of cheating has really touch a nerve that Im glad it has. I've played sports , poker and much other things and my number one rule was never cheat. Actually the friend and I had differences at one game because it was a hand that the guy with the winning hand thought he loss and I spoke up and told the guy he won. I guess this was a reality check. Thank you all for the comments , Im truly a poker player and will refuse to disrespect the game.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have also played alot vs 'meatwadgod'. I have to defend him, I do not believe he is a cheater. He has played over 30k games with 15k profit. If he was cheating i'm sure he would have been found out by now. He is jsut an ultra tight DON player. If you have evidence to suggest otherwise then I would be happy to take it into account.

Damn, if I can only remember the other guy name. the other guy plays like in 75% of his game( if I can only remember his name). Watch how they play together. Also there is no way I'm just paranoid because I used to play 7-10 hours and I pay close attention. And I remember Meatwadgod and this other guy saying how they played at cake poker together too.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad that all you guys say its cheating, because I honestly told him at the start of this plan that It felt like we were playing "team poker" which I felt was CHEATING. I never needed this plan as I stated in my original comment I was making good money before this so called plan. So in reality I feel like I was being the target after the long run. Saying that this is a form of cheating has really touch a nerve that Im glad it has. I've played sports , poker and much other things and my number one rule was never cheat. Actually the friend and I had differences at one game because it was a hand that the guy with the winning hand thought he loss and I spoke up and told the guy he won. I guess this was a reality check. Thank you all for the comments , Im truly a poker player and will refuse to disrespect the game.

Your original "plan" was cheating and shouldn't be done.

What you said in bold should never be done as well. If you aren't in the hand you should keep your mouth shut about the out come, even if the cards are face up, it's the players responsibility to know what they are holding.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your original "plan" was cheating and shouldn't be done.

What you said in bold should never be done as well. If you aren't in the hand you should keep your mouth shut about the out come, even if the cards are face up, it's the players responsibility to know what they are holding.

Meh, cards speak. IF i have to point it out then so be it. Its in the interest of the game for it to be played fairly. Every player I know would enforce this one.

I've been asked several times to soft play friends. I usually do the exact same thing every time. I tell thim if ill go away unless I have the nuts, then ill raise them light until they get the idea. Soft playing with someone especially if ye are winners is a bad idea, if the other players realise (they eventually will) ye will get banned, or ye are successful and hammer the game for 2 much money, killing the game.

Just don't do it.

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree it was cheating. @ TPC the guy originally dropped his hand and at this game the house rule is drop your hand and it speaks for itself. Trust me Im a good guy and good at heart , thats why I came here to ask these questions. If the house rule was different I would have not say anything but for the guy to follow the rules and they attempt to overlook him didnt seem right in many ways

M

Misteral

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's collusion so end it now. It seems to me that your friend is a bit scared of you at the table and maybe thought he could only do well with your help. Anyway, end it.