Freerolled $800, Now What?
I am coming up on my 1-year anniversary of playing online poker. I started playing in late October of 2008, and soon after discovered freerolls
, so I decided to build a bankroll without depositing.
In the 11 months that I have been playing, I have accumulated around $800 from freerolls, bonuses, promotions and 1 free bankroll offer. I will not bore you with a year's worth of screenshots, but if anyone would like to see a blog of my progress, google the words "poker freeroll slog to $150" and the top result will be a link to the site where I keep my poker blog
. (The link will take you to the blog page, my blog is titled "Slog to $150").
My winnings have come from 10 sites (Cake, Full Tilt, Poker Stars
, Bodog, Doyle's Room, Carbon, Pitbull, Absolute Poker, Party Poker
, and Ultimate Bet) and range from just $0.70 (AP) to $175.00 (Full Tilt).
I am now ready to begin playing poker in earnest (actually buying into games and trying to build the bankrolls that I have accumulated).
Now the question....
What will be the best way to proceed to real money
games from here?
Keep in mind the following facts:
- I have never deposited, so the money on some of the sites is untouchable until I have done so.
- I will not deposit, so any money put into one site must be taken out of another.
- I already have downloaded and played at the 10 sites I have mentioned (this means rakeback offers are impossible now at these sites, but I'm not completely sure??)
- I live in Europe, so pretty much any poker site is open to me.
- I am just now graduating from freerolls, so I will be playing the lowest of the low level micros (meaning I will need a fairly easy bonus, or a lot of time to clear it).
Ok, now I would like some opinions of how to proceed from here. What is the safest route to building this bankroll now. Please make your suggestions on the conservative side, as I am still an inexperienced player, and I do not want to spend another year accumulating a bankroll!
Ah, and finally, a special thanks to Cardschat. A lot of that money I have won came from the generous freerolls hosted here. Glad I found this site!