Follow up to the notes/labels thread, Do you use a tracker?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If so which one? Best value?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Have PT4 , in the long term it is surely a powerful weapon without a doubt. Before its purchase I was skeptic about the software but believe me it is a must have. I am not promoting the exact software here by no means.

There are many out there but I will write you here about what I own. You can make your set up as you want because it is fully ''customizable''. It has a ton of stats and the best of all it has a replayer , that means that you can review whenever you want whatever you want , it's massive. There are 2 versions small stakes (MTT max $11 buy in) and the full version. It is also auto keeps notes about your opponents.

Before any purchase you can try every HUD , most of them have 30 days trial. If you want something simpler also check out Jivaro but it was a monthly cost and it functions as far as I know on (PS / ACR)! Also I know Drive Hud but I have never used it!

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Nowadays if you don't use a tracker when you play online poker you're giving a lot of advantages to your adversaries, so yes, you have to use one, I recomend PT4 but also hearded good things about jivaro.

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the full version of HM2,

the trial 30 day version of PT4

and the trial 30 day version of Jivaro

First Jivaro looks good on the table, and its by far the easiest to set up, and it does give you the basic stats that changes auto by position, I would say this would be ideal for a beginner, or a fun player, or for that matter any player good enough to play without the use or choice of many other stats, off table its no where near as good as HM2 and PT4 IMO

PT4 first impressions it looks like a cheaper version of HM2, but after 2 weeks of getting used to it this seems to be as good if not better than HM2, behind the scenes, all hands and games played seemed to be much more organised than HM2 its got a built in leak buster that easy to use and works well, IMO.

HM2 I have owned Holdem Manager for a few years now, I know my way around it much more than I know PT4, I think the HUDs in HM2 are much better, I like HM2 replayer much better, I like the choice and ease of making HUDs in HM2 better, to me it seems a much better quality software program compared to PT4, but that said,I am not fully used to PT4 and I would think it has a lot, more to offer off table

To sum it up if I find something that works I wont change, but if I did it would be to PT4.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend, I use a HUD of help yes and that helps a lot in my game. Now the notes I usually make of hands that usually leave the pattern of the players, there I place the tournament, the position, the stack and how it was played!

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 2 versions small stakes (MTT max $11 buy in) and the full version.

If i were to sattelite into a larger tourney, it would work on the sat but anything over 11 not correct?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 2 versions small stakes (MTT max $11 buy in) and the full version.

If i were to sattelite into a larger tourney, it would work on the sat but anything over 11 not correct?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips

To be honest the other day I won on 888 a $16.50 ticket [I have the small stakes] and it was running without a problem. One other time I played also some steps on ACR $16 and $55 buy ins and it was also running.

I am not 100% sure to answer your question , sorry. Maybe you can ask the CS or ask here , both HM2 and PT4 have an official thread!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
PT4 first impressions it looks like a cheaper version of HM2, but after 2 weeks of getting used to it this seems to be as good if not better than HM2, behind the scenes, all hands and games played seemed to be much more organised than HM2 its got a built in leak buster that easy to use and works well, IMO.

HM2 I have owned Holdem Manager for a few years now, I know my way around it much more than I know PT4, I think the HUDs in HM2 are much better, I like HM2 replayer much better, I like the choice and ease of making HUDs in HM2 better, to me it seems a much better quality software program compared to PT4, but that said,I am not fully used to PT4 and I would think it has a lot, more to offer off table

Yeap totally agree with you , although I haven't used much HM2 HUD wise feels like a more professional tool. I like its replayer better than PT4's and I think, if I am not mistaken, its pops up windows are quite more organized based on the position etc.

But , as a PT4 user I know that PT4 is way lighter as a software for any PC/laptop it's very simple and If I had to choose again which one to buy I would have bought again PT4 because I don't need something more. It has features that I don't know what they do and I have it almost 2 years!

Very informative comment paulw :)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am using holdem manager since several months and it is very useful program. I am using primarily the HM3 Beta as i like to test new softwares and while it has some bugs (as expected for beta) the new graphical HUD looks much similar to Jivaro which i like and the replay manager is really good. Also the HM3 beta is much faster than the HM2 and do not need postgre anymore.

Generally hud is helpful tool as it allows fast and easy collection of statistics for other players. Many people that don't use hud think that this is program which tells people how to play and gives unfair advantage to people who can pay for it but this is very wrong. What HUD does is to just read the hand history saved by your poker client, summarize it and show statistics based on it for the players with which you play on the table. Nothing more than that. Of course you can take notes the old fashioned way but when we have the processing power of today's computers then why not use it to save some time. For me the possibility to return to a hand that i played later and analyze it is also very good feature improving my game.

So to sum it up - for me HM is good program and it deserves its price because i consider it a tool which i will use for years to constantly improve my game. I personally prefer the option to pay once for a program 100$ for example than to give few dollars but regularly every month.

I also recommend everybody who is still thinking if playing with HUD is good idea or not to try a free hud first (like easy poker hud for example) and if you like it you can always in something with more features like HM, PT4 or something else.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I do not use a poker tracker. It seems to me too complicated for my brain.:icon_thum

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide