Folding A-A, K-K preflop

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you ever done it? and what situation was that?

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a similar post yesterday. Only time you should consider folding such is in SAT. tourneys if on the bubble of making it and you have a couple people in and one will go out. Most agree but we all play different.

A

andrewallenschutter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded KK preflop but I don't think I have ever folded AA.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have never done this, because in 99% of this it makes no sense. With such strong cards you need to play in virtually any case.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ever fold AA, KK is another thing in itself, i have folded KK pre flop once, it depends on the situation and your oponnets.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages of the tournament I will throw off such a hand if the buy-in of the tournament is really expensive,the prize zone is important to me..in the later tournaments do not throw off ,usually because of the pockets and forfeit the tournament.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I've never been put to that kind of test honestly. I don't think I could Fold KK preflop tho. Unless there was like a limp turned 5bet,

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold AA, or KK .. I prefer go out without cash to fold this hands.
Strongs hands would not be fold.

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Don t think it's the best decision to fold them....sometime u lose but that;s poker

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe its necessary. on bad position, and against planty of shoves.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd never fold AA except in satellite MTT where you can win by folding into success and you don't need to play a hand. Cash I'd never fold AA or KK. Though in MTT I fold KK when I am like 60BB deep or more at the final table and player that has me covered shoves with any ace in their range. I like to play small and medium sized pots controlled post flop not total gamble inappropriate all ins.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I'm at the table - I will always play KK or AA cards))
even if I lose - but at night I will sleep well)))
:joyman:

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in, isnt all right, but i do it.70% of the times works.

B

Bertie Wooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If I'm folding these hands preflop in anything but a satty where i am "in" and just waiting for the bubble to burst, I'm playing the wrong game. MAYBE KK, and that's a BIG maybe... in 30+ years of poker, I have never folded KK preflop and there was only instance where I read AA and should have folded.

It is so incredibly rare to run kings into aces that you are going to cost yourself more trying to figure out when to fold KK pre than you would just shipping your stack.

of course you dont want that to happen... but you are STILL 20%

3rd hand of a live tourney last week, all in pre (and amusingly, i actually said "that guy has aces") and KK hit a straight on the turn to bust the AA.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personaly never fold either

Although you will lose time to time, these two hands carry a lot of poker power and draw nicely very often. If you are playing a high risk mtt and you may also be low on funds. Then maybe the fold would be good to let other players fall late in the tournament. Always bet preflop even if the last few times they were folded to. You don't want to get snuck up on!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a full ring cash game, depending on the preflop action and player type I could see situations where K-K should be laid down. If you're playing a tournament, certainly the stage of the tourney is also going to factor into a lay down decision. But in either format, I can see possibilities where the fold of A-A or K-K can be the best decision.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Near the bubble when you need the money. Or, when there are several bets ahead of you that will wipe you out. You can almost be sure that the other two aces are held separately elsewhere if you have AA so you may want to fold here too.

S

smaxfitness

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would never make sense to fold AAs. If I was up a good bit on the rest of the table and wanted to play conservative for a little, I might consider folding KKs if someone was really going to take a chunk out of my stack and they were playing tight all night. It's tough to even fold QQs though when I'm just in the mood to gamble a bit (only on freerolls of course).

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd fold with AA, only in these two situations, sunday bubble millon, 4 or 5 players go all in before me, and the other bubble situation of a satellite.

gI :D

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I used to have such a thing that I threw pre-flop KK QQ because I have not played such cards many times in the game, and especially I do not play such a card in such a situation when 3-4 or 5 players play an oll -In and my cards are just passing by, but I always play AA!

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold AA/KK in preflop...

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very difficult decision however is feasible. To do this you must analyze the Pre-Flop very well the action of the players on the table and their stacks and make the most correct decision.

Folding in Poker