Fold Aces Preflop?

A

Almeidao18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was near the satellite bubble and I doubled the ace after the all in triple.
Would someone do the same?

G

guilherme18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never, if not I'd pay with what?

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
no chance of folding AA, even in bubble... too good of a probability for winning

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!!!I do not know when I have such cards in my hands ,it is difficult to fold them,it all depends on the situation of the Board.

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many factors to consider when playing a hand of poker. Your 2 pocket cards is just one of them. So there should be circumstances where folding your AA is the correct play.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would not take a good chance of raising my pot.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A big mistake was made in the bubble of one of the community tournaments with a stack of chips that was in the middle of the players. You have to be careful in this instance of the game because not even a couple of advisors in your hand guarantees to continue. You do not have to face players who can get you out of the tournament and wait for the bubble to burst.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many factors to consider when playing a hand of poker. Your 2 pocket cards is just one of them. So there should be circumstances where folding your AA is the correct play.
Yes this is true but folding pre flop is insane. But it is online poker so I understand. Yesterday I was with pair of kings. I made big bet everyone folded but one. Flop comes k,j,10. I made small bet he jams. I'm like damn. Set killed again. Couldn't fold them. Sure enough they had a,Q. Rest of streets was dead. Next hand Now I'm bubble, I get k,j. Low stack i bet all fold except this same guy. Flop comes out A,k,j. Guy bet half my stack I jam he calls he has a,j. When the program has you to lose you will lose. Play for entertainment.

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation, in my opinion, only experienced players are able to fold a couple of ace

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation, in my opinion, only experienced players are able to fold a couple of ace
Tell me one pro that would fold AA pre flop. Unless the whole table was going all in.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on my stack. Does it make sense to risk or just wait, having an average stack or slightly below average, I would not risk playing with AA.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can fold AA on postflop if there are cards that making easy for other players getting straight or flush, but if not - I never fold.

420stee420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only fold pre flop with pocket aces if more than one person calls an all in sucks when you have pocket aces on the first hand and it is your blind so you are last to bet and by the time it gets to you everyone has went all in and I find I simply don't win in that scenario no matter the pocket pair lol

420stee420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I only fold pre flop with pocket aces if more than one person calls an all in sucks when you have pocket aces on the first hand and it is your blind so you are last to bet and by the time it gets to you everyone has went all in and I find I simply don't win in that scenario no matter the pocket pair lol

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are only certain cases where you fold AA preflop.

Here is a scenario:

Top 100 players get ticket to another tournament (Say $250 buyin)

There are 110 players left and your position is 40th with 20k chips. The guy in first place goes all in with 300k chips. You fold. Simple and easy, why take the risk and call, you have nothing to gain... You will make it top 100 for sure, just keep folding all hands.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not at all difficult to throw out aces preflop in sattelite, if you have a stack that guarantees you a pass, there is no reason to risk because even 2 aces have 80% to win but not 100%

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't really see any reason for folding aces pre flop, bubble or not.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody even read the original post? He says it is on a SATELLITE bubble. If you have enough chips to win the top prize in the satellite and its on the bubble then you should be folding 100% of hands. Not doing so would be incredibly reckless and stupid. I have seen a few times in my short poker career where someone pushes his aces on the satellite bubble and gets called by the biggest stack in the BB and the Aces bubbled to J8o who hit 2pair. If he folded his aces he would have 100% made the top prize.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anybody even read the original post? He says it is on a SATELLITE bubble. If you have enough chips to win the top prize in the satellite and its on the bubble then you should be folding 100% of hands. Not doing so would be incredibly reckless and stupid. I have seen a few times in my short poker career where someone pushes his aces on the satellite bubble and gets called by the biggest stack in the BB and the Aces bubbled to J8o who hit 2pair. If he folded his aces he would have 100% made the top prize.

Absolutely true and I play this hand similarly in satellites as well. I have no problem folding aces at all in satellite events. I see players calling on the bubble with aces and kings often only to lose most of there chips and some end up being eliminated when they had no reason to gamble away there stack. It’s an entirely different animal when playing satellite tournaments. The mindset should not be to get top chip stack when 20th to 100th place are awarded the same as first. Watching players throw there stacks away always baffles me. Tightening up when you have a massive stack pretty much guarantees a win yet I see clueless players punt away chips so often. Strategy is paramount in all tournaments. Once you accumulate a big stack the plan must be to keep that stack no matter what cards you are dealt preflop. No need in risking it. We all have seen aces lose many times.

K

krowpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion if you are in the money on a satellite, folding aces is probably the right thing to do. It's hard, but I know I've punted by getting unlucky when I didn't have to do anything but go afk.

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion if you are in the money on a satellite, folding aces is probably the right thing to do. It's hard, but I know I've punted by getting unlucky when I didn't have to do anything but go afk.

just before the money,most steal blinds..you can expect everything, but I personally have no fold

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would fold AA if I was on the bubble.

Folding in Poker