The flop comes - what do you see?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

This is an open ended question..what are you “thinking” in your head and analyzing when the flop comes:)
What is your first priority?

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When the first flop opens - I know what I will do next ...

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on which hand I have, when the flop arrives I mainly hope that a higher card than my pair in hand does not appear (in case I have a preflop pair) and in other cases if I am going by color / ladder I can connect it as fast as possible to have a winning hand or wait to connect one of my cards and analyze my opponents and the next cards.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the flop is essential to have the feeling of failure, but the turn gave me many beautiful surprises !!!!! regards

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do i have,,possible run outs,,,What do my opponents have,,,and possible run-outs for them,,,, :)

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If The Flop Comes

This is an open ended question..what are you “thinking” in your head and analyzing when the flop comes:)
If the "flop" comes and I haven't folded, my mind should be made up. If the Flop is in my favor, and my hand is strong, I tag along. If the flop comes and it is badly Not in my favor (staring, pair of K's or A's) and someone bets, I instantly raise double the amount (or triple). If they shoot back, I tuck tale and run like a Chicken through the corn. A mind set is a good thing but also a not-so-good of a thing. Play hand by hand and learn opponents as quickly as you can, then re-learn them again. GOD bless you all!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A question that is absolutely the answer to which does not give you any advantages. Or you need to start with the basics of poker, namely with poker combinations.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop comes, where are your eyes as first priority?:)

Talking live gamers here...

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I see when the flop comes

What I see when the flop comes, with the cards I am looking for will determine what my next move is. I do not move forward if there is a chance I might lose. I am a tight player and do not chance anything. If my cards can not be beat I will check or slow play till I win no matter what the opponents do check or bet. I will let the other player dictate the hand as to let them think I am bluffing or playing scared. This works most of the time and no matter what the (ROI) is I will take it big or small, money is money is money. Capo1014

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I see the flop, I begin to think what should I do next. There are speculations about what the opponents have and what bet I should make.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
How has the flop connected to my holdings? How has the flop potentially connected to my opponents holdings? What do I do now?

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see a flop, I immediately determine how many bets I will play.

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Before I tried hard to see what cards I had to play post-flop, but nowadays, I think you care about your pre-flop cards.

The main thing is to see how your hand can improve and, mainly, how the villain's hand can improve according to your profile, or if you don't have it yet, as he behaves.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will depend on what I did before the flop. If I raised, I tend to raise. If I raised bluffing, I tend to increase even more. If I just called, depending on the flop, I can call, raise, or even go all-i.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see if the flop has strengthened my hand?
do I have the best hand?
did he strengthen the opponent's possible hands?
are draw options available
what does my opponent think of my hand?
what hand can the opponent represent?
do I want to win the pot now or play my hand before the showdown?
should I place a bet?
how much should I bet?
etc:)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You start thinking about the next step. If the flop doesn’t fit, then think about throwing or bluffing.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will analyse whether the board favours mine or my opponents range, based on position and pre flop action.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the moments right after flop hits show the most compelling tells from players, having a peripheral vision from seat 3 or 8 gives a major advantage, talking involuntary tells..now naturally, all take more time to react, but I do truly believe that within 10 seconds...each player shows the strength of cards in tells for all players to see.

Then I look at my whole cards...and decide what to do (where I then have to quickly asses draws..and outs and blockers if I have them, top pairs, scare cards with high cards on board..etc

Find this many times holding wired jacks when a q hits flop or higher..wired jacks...them wired jacks...

Last edited:
FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I play carefully, only with strong cards, and if the flop doesn't suit me, I fold.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see all possibilities.
But, it´s difficult to find a set player on flop.

F

Frank7Chipman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop is everything

They say that in Holdem, all the action happens pre and post flop. The turn and River are just the final stages. I make a decision about my hand on the flop and decide if I will take it to the river. I start betting then, or I decide to go passive. Unless I have a very good draw.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What I am thinking in my head is 1 of 3 things.
1. Did I hit?
2. Can I bluff this hand?
3. Can I have a worse runout? Ace King into 2,7,10. opponent has 10,7. hahaha

First priority is to check if I could hit the flop and if not then I go to bluff city.:cool: