re: Poker & First live tourney
How's your tournament play online? Mine wasn't very good when I was in my first tourney.. and when I first started playing live in general..it was nerve racking. It's a lot easier pushing a button than throwing in chips..not that throwing in chips is hard..but actually being in person, and being studied. My hands shake when I get a good hand live, even tho I've been there quite a few times.
I guess my tips would be:
1. Play tight and patient..it's not a cash game, if you bust, unless it's a rebuy, you're gone.
2. If you get a big hand, like pocket aces, kings, or whatever...and feel your heart racing.. take a deep breath, and try to calm yourself. Try to do it unnoticed, as it could be a tell..as could the shaky hands.
3. Wear sunglasses, and/or a hat. Some people may question this, cause it's not like the WSOP
or anything. But to you it might as well be, since it's your first live tourney. Also, eyes give away a LOT when you're new to playing live. So sunglasses, or if no sunglasses, a baseball cap so you can hide your eyes.
4. Try to read up on Tells so you know what to look for, and what to avoid doing.
5. Relax and have fun. That's what poker should be all about.