re: Poker & First live cash game?
First of all, I'd recommend playing a bit more online and ideally moving up a few limits to prove to yourself that you can, and that you're not just running pretty hot. Sounds annoying, sure, but keep in mind that moving up to 10nl or 25nl online will mean you are certainly capable of beating the lowest live games.
BUT. This does NOT mean that it will happen instantaneously or necessarily be super easy. As others have mentioned, live poker is a different beast from online poker, and in a lot of ways could be considered a different game entirely. I recommend reading these two threads (or at least the OP's) thoroughly before venturing to the casino:
Then, start looking around at strategy threads and posts pertaining to live poker. As I said, there are MANY factors that differentiate live poker from online, but some of the biggest are in live poker:
- People tend much more to being loose/passive, both pre- and post-flop
- As a result, open raise sizes tend to be much larger than 3x + 1/limper bb
- It's MUCH slower, with many more distractions - focus is key
- You have to see, hear, smell, and potentially touch (elbows) other people
- The long run takes a very, VERY long time to reach
Good luck if you decide to go right away, and if not, good luck moving up online.