The total cost was about $300, and if I had to guess I'd say I got 40 hours? into it. It difficult to say because I have been puttering on it for a long time and whenever I did get a chance to work on it I got interrupted a lot. The cost in real $ was on the low side because I bought the Maple (the top and the legs) from an auction and the Walnut (the trim on the base) from a farmer who had had it stored in a barn for the past decade. Had I had to buy that all at a store it would have probably added at least another $200.
Planer blades $50
1 poplar board I bought at a store $25 (for the depth of the chip wells)
Fabric and padding $75 (the fabric is the best quality stuff I could find on the internet, it's teflon coated even. the padding was closed cell 1/4" thick)
Spray glue, poly, stain, staples, bolts, wood glue, sandpaper etc etc $25
It's actually all stained with natural, which is basically clear stain. The differences in colors are all from the varied wood I chose. The top I alternated Maple heartwood with Maple sapwood, the base is cabinet grade birch plywood with black walnut trim, and the legs are maple again.