***February results/March goals thread***

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna get this started for us this month as I'm probably closest to the end of the month.

I hated/loved FEB.

Up ~$100, hard to get excited when the current role is ~$2K. I think after 14 months I'm dropping STT SnGs and joining the famous bandwagon to join you all in ring games as that's the only area of poker I shows a profit in.

My full results here.

Hope you all did better than me.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot to play for the first two weeks, so didn't come close to my goal of $400 month. +150, but I can and will chart my results now and I think that will help keep me motivated. Going to play more than 10k hands for once, going to shoot for 20-25k.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feb goals.
Get Hem Kinda passed cause i bought pt3.
Get stox cause it will give me a discount on Hem. Fail
30K hands at 10-25NL lol epic fail..i was a major bum this month-12K and a bunch of sngs/mtts
Move up to 25NL Pass
Move back down if BRM dictates me to. Wasnt tested
try the steps to the million. Pass, but i wise i hadnt thouse things are rigged:D.

After last month was so good this one sucked. Down for the month at ring but FPP´s and some sng/mtt win means im just about break even for the month.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
February was a gigantic dumpster fire and not the way I wanted to start off 2009. I didn't actually start playing until the 6th, logged a ton of hands the first week , then lost like 3 days due to a power outage, then didn't play very much the rest of the month because of my internet connection going to hell.

I'm in the black even though I ran ridiculously bad so obv. not a total loss. 18k cash hands and about 6k SnG/MTT hands played on the month. Not as much as I would have liked, but it's a start. Only two goals for March :

1. >50k hands played
2. Don't run like shit.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
March goal, at least one big win (over $500) in MTT's or SnG's. I feel it in my bones that this actually could be my $1K win month.
Double my Stars BR from ~~$60 via micro ring. $2.50 day does NOT seem out of reach the way I have been running, it is down to me controlling the -$2.50 days .......

Play more non holdem games (cause that's where I seem to do best).

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's put some good news in this thread... :)

Goals for February is to keep on doing the same, volume of 20k+ hands and ideally move up to 200nl for which i'm close to being properly rolled.

All February goals were reached. Played a little over 22k ring hands, half of which were at 200nl. I've been crushing 100nl at 8 BB/100 and the move up to 200nl went extremely well as i'm beating it so far for a little over 5 BB/100.

The only negative point has been tournaments where i lost $376, mostly blowing up a few step tickets and one attempt in the Sunday warmup. Anyway, I end up with my best month ever with a little over $4200 in overall earnings. :D

One thing that's messing with my mind a little is that i now earn more per hour playing poker than i do at work. I guess i'll have to ask Rex and Fredrick for a membership in their multipliers club... :eek:

March goal is simply to grind 200nl FR and build up bankroll. In terms of volume, i hope i can get over 30k hands. Last couple of days i've moved up to 9 tabling instead of my usual 6 and i think it's not affecting the quality of my play, so that should help.

Cash graph below.

Attachments

• february 2009.jpg
    february 2009.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10
Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best month in some time... Don't have access to graphs atm but I met and exceeded all of my (simple) goals. Most important being be more consistent with how often you play. (Staying healthy sure helps).

This month I...

..Managed to play more hours than I have in the last 3 months put together
..Finished +15 BI's up (best month I've had in a long time)
..Made GoldStar again
..Mostly 4 tabled all month (some 6 tabling)
..Got a coach and have been working on my game with him
..Had a much better play time:study time ratio (and omg it's doing wonders)

Next month:

- Continue the coaching and continue the play:study time ratio (try to keep it as close to 1:1 as possible)
- Start increasing number of tables... I want to be playing 9 in a couple weeks and if all goes well 12 by end of the month.
- Join DeucesCracked
- Contribute more on the forums in strategy and hand analysis threads
- Post a profit
- Get better at learning when to walk away from a table or when I just shouldn't sit down at all.
- Just stop playing oop as much
- Make a run at Platinum Star (* as long as I don't feel like I'm chasing vpp's at the expense of playing well)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
RL reared it's head in a major way in Feb. Hope March will be better. I know these are pathetic but this was all I could muster.

PT2 stats (PS, FTP, UB)
Tour 8 played +339.50
Ring 756 hands all $25NL -42.31

Online bankroll (all sites, all games) +356.38 (includes a $100 reload for a bonus)

I really need to finish the setup of my new computer, 85% finished just have to get the file transfers, bookmarks, etc. done.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up a pathetic $70 for February. Better than being down, though!

March:
- watch more vids
- play more NLHE cash
- continue working the steps tournaments

Z

zzzaacckk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think ill get a jump on March:

Get a Bankroll through freerolls
Study Harder than February.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goals:

-Move to 50nl by April...
-Kill 25nl obv
-Goldstar

I did well for my first time at 25nl over a short amount of hands :)

Picture2-19.png

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice month again :)

Ran crappy at the beginning and end of the month, but the middle more than made up for that. Can't complain when my hourly before bonuses is $104/hr

Goals for March:

Get comfortable 16-18 tabling 200NL FR
Atleast 25k VPPs

Attachments

• February.jpg
    February.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 9
SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only played 10 days this month, I've just been in a terrible mood all the time so it's hard to sit and play. I blew probably like $30 this month when I just played like 2 tables and spewed off money because I was just in a terrible mood.

Goals for March are to hopefully find a way to cheer myself up and play at least 30,000 hands and move up to 25NL and work towards 50NL.

month.jpg

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh after my worst month ever poker wise, i pretty much broke even so achieved like no goals

march goals - make some profit, just any amount 1 time! Oh and win team event

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20K hands in plo in march
nothing to report for feb as i didn play much

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dam bw, 100k year?

Hopefully. Including bonuses Im up over $19,000 since january first, so hopefully I can keep it up.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully. Including bonuses Im up over $19,000 since january first, so hopefully I can keep it up.

As soon as I saw bw was last to post in this thread, I knew it was going to be some insane graph. Wtg sir.

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome results BW. What have you been playing for the 2 months this year? Limit, # of tables, 6max or FR?

100K year for sure at this rate, keep it up.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome results BW. What have you been playing for the 2 months this year? Limit, # of tables, 6max or FR?

100K year for sure at this rate, keep it up.

Ive been playing mostly 100NL, with some 200NL and Ive been playing both 6max and FR.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Belgo + BW sick months good job + KC nice start @ 25NL buddy!

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just stupidly sick bw.

February:
Pretty good. Think I'm up about $90-100 from 2nl and then later 5nl. Not entirely sure because I only recently got PT3.

March:
Stick solely to to 6max.
Get bankroll up to $250 and move up to 10nl
Stop playing Saturday and Sunday night when I get absolutely pwned by ****ing idiots
Watch (even) more videos than I am at the moment, read up more. Just more study in general.
Play at 25k hands
Run goooood :)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3112 vpps = $174.27
$668.52 in FTP rakeback
$132.84 in UB rakeback

$975.63 in bonuses

In sngs and MTTs: $2602.81 profit (Sunday majors were bought with fpps but I still include -215 because I gave myself the money in the fpps)

$3578.44+3356.97 = $6935.41 total profit

This is also a bit short because I've cleared some of my UB deposit bonus plus am going to soon be able to sell my UB points (I don't even know the rate though). So basically ~7k month. Not horrible with that disasterous 1knl shot.

Goals:

- 100k+ hands at 200-400nl (mostly 400 but mix 200nl during non-peak)
- Keep running good at tourneys and hopefully hit a big score

Attachments

• February.jpg
    February.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 9